`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you guys see this?

RE: Do you guys see this?
No, it wasn't mine. I wish I had sold mine for that.
For the record, I don't see shill here though. I see a guy who threw a high bid not being able to be there for the auction end. Then at the last second someone threw a high bid when it was at $500 thinking he'd lock it in. To his surprise the other guy had already thrown that huge bid to lock it in. Now some fool is in for $3050.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I bet you the buyer doesn't pay. One non paying strike is nothing really, doesn't cause any issues really. Idk I would have never bid that high, he must have REALLY wanted that card..lol.. I could buy some awesome cards for 3GS .. Crazy.. Thanks for sharing that thou always fun to look at stuff lie that..wish I had one to sell...lmao

It's not the CYMTO because that one has the Topps logo near the bottom right by the other guy's leg
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

It doesn't seem like classic shill bidding per-say, but the fact that the bidders % of their bids are , 4, 8, 14, etc with this seller, a little weird considering the seller has only 34 transactions total, just seems weird for someone with higher stars to have such %'s with the seller, they look low, but not when you look at the fact that the seller has not had that many auctions - I assume this would mean the person with the higher star # mainly sells and their few actions as a buyer happened to have them bidding on this person who hasn't sold as much's auctions to the tune of at least 14% in one case eh

(01-13-2012, 02:07 AM)sesamestreet4life Wrote: It doesn't seem like classic shill bidding per-say, but the fact that the bidders % of their bids are , 4, 8, 14, etc with this seller, a little weird considering the seller has only 34 transactions total, just seems weird for someone with higher stars to have such %'s with the seller, they look low, but not when you look at the fact that the seller has not had that many auctions - I assume this would mean the person with the higher star # mainly sells and their few actions as a buyer happened to have them bidding on this person who hasn't sold as much's auctions to the tune of at least 14% in one case eh
To determine shill bidding, you cannot just go by the percentage numbers, However, what does make this look like shill bidding is the number of bid retractions by some of the bidders.

For example the bidder that has 24OO feedback has 62 bid retractions in the last 6 months, the winner has 4, and the one that your talking about, the one with 14% bid activity with that seller has NO bid retractions which gives me a sense that he is a serious bidder, and the other 2 bid it up, and ended up screwing themselves out of a sale.

the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

IF I was to ever purchase one of those cards online, it certainly wouldn't be raw. I don't know what's up with this auction but a PSA 8 sold recently for approximately $1, 157. I know nobody can tell if this one will grade higher based on THAT scan.

(01-13-2012, 06:31 AM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: IF I was to ever purchase one of those cards online, it certainly wouldn't be raw. I don't know what's up with this auction but a PSA 8 sold recently for approximately $1, 157. I know nobody can tell if this one will grade higher based on THAT scan.
The top left corner is bent so i doubt it grades higher
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s

That is just crazy that someone would bid that high. You can get a graded one for less than that. I don't think the guy got ripped off though. If he bid that high then he was willing to pay that much. I personally would only buy a graded one as there are just too many fakes of that card out there.
And checkout this great deal: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-FLEER-BASEB...8504802686
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(01-13-2012, 12:24 AM)dbroockerd Wrote: guy threw a high bid not being able to be there for the auction end. Then at the last second someone threw a high bid when it was at $500 thinking he'd lock it in. To his surprise the other guy had already thrown that huge bid to lock it in.
This was my thought as well.

What does CYMTO stand for?

-:Mets:-:NY Rangers:-:Twins:-:Wild:-:Vikings:-

(01-13-2012, 01:05 PM)Merovius Wrote: This was my thought as well.

What does CYMTO stand for?
Cards Your Mom Threw Out
[Image: YTORkDJ.png]
Thanks to Jbel4331 for my sig!!!!

Collecting 1964 Topps Venezuelan(completed),Andres Galarraga, Cal Ripken Jr, Miguel Cabrera, Bobby Abreu, Phillies, Venezuelan players and players from my sig. Also all Topps sets from the 80s, 90s, 2000s, 2010s