`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31

RE: OT-Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31
I just retired after spending almost 25 years active duty and it's about time we got out of that losing situation! After over 4,400 deaths of GREAT Americans and over 30,000 injured, this is bittersweet and way overdue! The problem is, they will be either redirected to Afghanistan or Pakistan or some other stan that is in disarray. GOD BLESS our troops and get them HOME where they belong with loved ones and GREAT AMERICAN BBQ, Beer & Good OL American NFL Football!
I collect Don Mattingly, Bryce Harper, Aaron Judge, Luis Severino & Delin Betances

Would love to get my hands on a Mariano Rivera auto

(10-21-2011, 01:31 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: I know it's OT but IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!
+ 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
[Image: cyber-1.png]
Bucket
Collecting CURRENT Raiders....Carr, Mack, Bo, brown ++

RE: Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31
(10-21-2011, 04:01 PM)mstrawn Wrote: Can you say political ploy? Just in time for elections. Just because there coming out of Iraq doesn't mean there coming home. I have been thorugh this before. We were ordered out just to go to Afghanastan instead. The last time they ordered 50,000 out they sent 200,000 some where else 2 months later. This doesn't mean anything, except for numbers in the election polls for him.
Agree again. But it's too late, no amount of making nice can undo the damage he's done. He's run the most corrupt, divided, secretive, partisan, and financially destructive presidency in history. He's an absolute humiliation to this country
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

(10-21-2011, 03:22 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if we left 5 years ago or 50 years from now there would always be unfinished business. That society is not capable of transitioning into ours (completely) any more than ours could transition into theirs. At some point I believe we need to stop building or fixing other countries and start repairing our own. Put it this way, in no way can I imagine a scenario in which ANY other world power comes to the US to try to help us fix our problems. I understand that some of those nations we are in are light years behind us on basically every level, but we can't fix everybody. And please understand, I was 100% for going to war when it began...I just don't think in the current world economy that any country can afford to spend trillions of dollars occupying other nations. There are too many other issues at play.

And to any who have responded who have served, thank you.
I'm not talking about the overall mission. I'm talking about personally. After working an average of 13-15 hours every day for 15 months (18-20 hours a day for four of those months and getting two weeks off total), putting everything I had into it, I left feeling like there was still more work to do, that I could do, and that I wanted to do. That is what I mean by unfinished business.

It's good that the troops are coming home, but that place is still wayyy to unstable.

(10-21-2011, 04:01 PM)mstrawn Wrote: Can you say political ploy? Just in time for elections. Just because there coming out of Iraq doesn't mean there coming home. I have been thorugh this before. We were ordered out just to go to Afghanastan instead. The last time they ordered 50,000 out they sent 200,000 some where else 2 months later. This doesn't mean anything, except for numbers in the election polls for him.
Yeah, you're right. It's a political ploy by Obama.

Oh wait:
"1. All the United States Forces shall withdraw from all Iraqi territory no later than
December 31, 2011."

This was in the 2008 Status of Forces Agreement between Iraq and the U.S. which took effect January 1, 2009. When did Obama take office again?
http://usiraq.procon.org/sourcefiles/SOFA-11-19-08.pdf

(10-21-2011, 04:18 PM)slufan83 Wrote: It's good that the troops are coming home, but that place is still wayyy to unstable.

But it will ways be that way. It's a region consisting of 2 groups whose "religions" are interpreted as telling them to hate and try to kill one another. We can't fix that and shouldn't be spending our dwindling resources spinning our tires
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

agreed.............bring them home
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(10-21-2011, 04:14 PM)keyser soze Wrote: Agree again. But it's too late, no amount of making nice can undo the damage he's done. He's run the most corrupt, divided, secretive, partisan, and financially destructive presidency in history. He's an absolute humiliation to this country
Damage he's done?? You may want to check the voting. "He" couldn't do anything he wanted to do because the government was having gamg wars in congress (Democrats vs. Republicans). Neither side cared about us. They were trying to make a point while we all suffered. Even the media was going head to head (Fox News vs. CNN). One side pro-Republican and one side Pro-Democrat). I think we do need a great depression before people wake up. You hear the Republicans screaming the sales pitch bankrupting the country and spending too much (on us), but you can not balance a budget during war. Look at the deficit then compare it to how much we've spent on "War on Terror".
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]