`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT-Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31

OT-Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31
I know it's OT but IT IS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

RE: Breaking news: Obama orders all US troops out of Iraq by 12/31
that's probably the smartest thing he's decided to do since elected to office.
[Image: 971927d6500d72m3.jpg]

This plan has been in the works for a long time and was not that much of a surprise but it is long overdue.

the more and more you look at it the more you realize that we are going to have 4 more years of Obama unless something catastrophic happens between now and election day 2012. They just released extensive poll numbers yesterday that show even with his dismal approval rating Obama would beat every single candidate running for president and most by a pretty wide margin.

The people aren't happy with Obama or Congress but it's becoming more and more clear that they don't have enough confidence in any of the new guys to make a change.

(10-21-2011, 02:35 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: the more and more you look at it the more you realize that we are going to have 4 more years of Obama unless something catastrophic happens between now and election day 2012. They just released extensive poll numbers yesterday that show even with his dismal approval rating Obama would beat every single candidate running for president and most by a pretty wide margin.

The people aren't happy with Obama or Congress but it's becoming more and more clear that they don't have enough confidence in any of the new guys to make a change.
Not true at all. Herman Cain actually beat him, but that type of poll is pointless, and here's why:

The pollster calls a finite number of people, let's say 1000. And they ask those 1000 that if they were to vote today, who would they vote for. The problem is that not all of those people will actually vote. The anti-Obama crowd, which I am a part of, is a lot more engaged than the pro-Obama crowd is, therefore, they're more likely to go and vote.

So out of 1000 people, let's say 600 said that they would vote for Obama and 400 said they'd vote for the republican. BUT those 400 anti-Obama people are more angry and motivated, so 350 of them are actually going to go vote, while the 600 Obama supporters arent as motivated and maybe only 200 of them will actually go vote.

Obama loses in 2012.

[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

For me as Marine who served 10 years in the Corp this is bitter sweet. Bitter because i had lost many friends in combat and sweet because these troops get to go home to their families. My emotions are that of sorrow and joy. God bless those who made it through and remain strong!!!
[Image: rm1_zpsecc24267.jpg]

(10-21-2011, 02:55 PM)yankeeempire Wrote: For me as Marine who served 10 years in the Corp this is bitter sweet. Bitter because i had lost many friends in combat and sweet because these troops get to go home to their families. My emotions are that of sorrow and joy. God bless those who made it through and remain strong!!!
It is definitely a strange feeling knowing that the Iraq campaign is ending after spending time over there. Every time I think about it, I still feel like there is unfinished business. Very weird feeling.

(10-21-2011, 03:06 PM)ricelynnevans75 Wrote: It is definitely a strange feeling knowing that the Iraq campaign is ending after spending time over there. Every time I think about it, I still feel like there is unfinished business. Very weird feeling.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if we left 5 years ago or 50 years from now there would always be unfinished business. That society is not capable of transitioning into ours (completely) any more than ours could transition into theirs. At some point I believe we need to stop building or fixing other countries and start repairing our own. Put it this way, in no way can I imagine a scenario in which ANY other world power comes to the US to try to help us fix our problems. I understand that some of those nations we are in are light years behind us on basically every level, but we can't fix everybody. And please understand, I was 100% for going to war when it began...I just don't think in the current world economy that any country can afford to spend trillions of dollars occupying other nations. There are too many other issues at play.

And to any who have responded who have served, thank you.
(10-21-2011, 02:32 PM)natejeffries Wrote: This plan has been in the works for a long time and was not that much of a surprise but it is long overdue.
I know they planned it back in 2008 but since when do ANY of those plans actually come to fruition? I didn't expect it to actually happen.
Player collecting Dominic Smith
[Image: a2b9799d-d00b-4864-9937-c5ed26367c17.jpg]

(10-21-2011, 03:22 PM)cmccart8 Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that if we left 5 years ago or 50 years from now there would always be unfinished business. That society is not capable of transitioning into ours (completely) any more than ours could transition into theirs. At some point I believe we need to stop building or fixing other countries and start repairing our own. Put it this way, in no way can I imagine a scenario in which ANY other world power comes to the US to try to help us fix our problems. I understand that some of those nations we are in are light years behind us on basically every level, but we can't fix everybody. And please understand, I was 100% for going to war when it began...I just don't think in the current world economy that any country can afford to spend trillions of dollars occupying other nations. There are too many other issues at play.
I agree 100%. They'll never be anything more than uncivilized, unstable, and dangerous
[Image: 1849c983.jpg]

Can you say political ploy? Just in time for elections. Just because there coming out of Iraq doesn't mean there coming home. I have been thorugh this before. We were ordered out just to go to Afghanastan instead. The last time they ordered 50,000 out they sent 200,000 some where else 2 months later. This doesn't mean anything, except for numbers in the election polls for him.