`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why you collect, who you collect?

RE: Why you collect, who you collect?
I collect the Flyers because I have been a fan of the team since I can remember. I live in the Philadelphia area and have grown up watching guys like Lindros, Recchi, LeClair, Boucher, Cechmanek, Roenick, Desjardins, Richards, Carter and now Giroux and van Riemsdyk.

4 PC players (5 kind of):

Claude Giroux:

I started collecting Giroux because he is the best player on the Flyers and is extremely exciting to watch. I really started to collect him more seriously after I met him at a signing and he was really cool with the fans.

James van Riemsdyk:

I've been following JVR since the team drafted him in 2007 with the 2nd overall pick. Obviously I have high hopes for him and I was getting nervous when he struggled early on in his career. Now, after a great showing in the playoffs, I decided I would start a PC of him because he showed what kind of player he can be and its a good one.

Sidney Crosby:

This is not a typo: I love Sid the Kid (hence my username). This may seem very weird because I am a diehard Flyers fan but I still think he is a great player and a great asset to the game. I was a fan of him since he entered the league. Being so highly toted, it was enticing to follow his career. So far so good. The only problem is is that his cards are so expensive.

Eric Tangradi:

I know, another Penguin. Basically, I wanted to collect a rookie from this year so I decided on Tangradi since he is from the Philadelphia area and grew up as a Flyers fan.

Taylor Swift:

More of a player of music then a player of hockey. Some of you may have seen my post about my PC of her. The reason I collect her cards (even the small amount that exist) and other memorabilia is because I am a huge fan of her. I think he music is awesome and I think she is a very pretty girl (this is probably why her music is so appealing to me). I went to her concert in Philly on August 7th and it was absolutely unbelievable and it gives her that much more respect and admiration for her.
Collecting:

Claude Giroux, Sidney Crosby, Eric Tangradi, Flyers

Also collecting cards and memorabilia of Taylor Swift

http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/NickTheKid87/

Twitter: @NickTheKid87

(08-16-2011, 12:40 AM)p8030103 Wrote: I collect Travis Zajac because not only is he my favourite player, he also played junior in my hometown (Salmon Arm, BC). I collect Shea Weber because he is from just outside Salmon Arm. I collect Brad Marchand and Alex Pietrangelo simply because I love watching them play.
You still live in Salmon Arm? I grew up there and played hockey there.
Couldn't wait to get the hell out because it's too small and boring, but is a nice spot this time of year.

Collecting Kirk McLean - Todd Bertuzzi - Scott Stevens
[Image: bbbert.png]

Did you move to Kelowna?
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

Born in Edmonton, & been an Oiler fan since the WHA Oilers
Always looking for Oiler Cards.  
Currently have 17k + different Oilers Cards
Other Projects
Black Diamond up to 14-15 SPs 
Need 18 McDonald Inserts
Need 5 OPC 09-10 Canadian Heroes Rainbow
Need 5 OPC 12-13 Popups
Need 6 97-98 Donruss Preferred
Need 2 02-03 Topps Heritage
All wants listed in org

(08-16-2011, 10:34 AM)wickabee Wrote: Did you move to Kelowna?
I'm living at Predator Ridge, work in Vernon, and have fun in Kelowna. Works out pretty good. There are 1000 Realtors in K-Town right now, so Vernon has been a good business move, easier to break into that market. Predator is super fun for living, and Kelowna isn't far away at all.

(08-16-2011, 11:10 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: I'm living at Predator Ridge, work in Vernon, and have fun in Kelowna. Works out pretty good. There are 1000 Realtors in K-Town right now, so Vernon has been a good business move, easier to break into that market. Predator is super fun for living, and Kelowna isn't far away at all.
That has got to be the coolest place name ever.

Imagine this conversation:

Person A: "Where do you live?"
Person B: (as he flicks cigarette and blows out the smoke) "Predator Ridge"
Person A: (now wide-eyed and surprised)

LA Kings because that is where I group up and fell in love with hockey.

Drew Doughty - cause he's young and exciting and will one day be known as one of the top defenseman to ever play the game.

Anze Kopitar - also a king and exciting to watch.

Jack Johnson - another great Kings defenseman.

I too vacation in Kelowna every couple of years when my Seattle Thunderbirds play the rockets in teh WHL Playoffs.

Please check out www.hockeyvadim.com for my whole collection

Banner done by "Tha Penguin"

[Image: vadim002.png]

(08-16-2011, 11:10 AM)bigbadbert44 Wrote: I'm living at Predator Ridge, work in Vernon, and have fun in Kelowna. Works out pretty good. There are 1000 Realtors in K-Town right now, so Vernon has been a good business move, easier to break into that market. Predator is super fun for living, and Kelowna isn't far away at all.
Nah, Vernon through to Penticton is like going through the lower mainland on a smaller scale, it never really ends.
I've never liked Vernon, but every time I'm there I have a good time. Mind you, I haven't been there in a few years.

(08-16-2011, 11:13 AM)irbefan4life Wrote: That has got to be the coolest place name ever.

Imagine this conversation:

Person A: "Where do you live?"
Person B: (as he flicks cigarette and blows out the smoke) "Predator Ridge"
Person A: (now wide-eyed and surprised)
Haha thats a good point, never looked at it like that. Also it was fun during the playoffs, when the Canucks were playing the Predators in the second round they changed the name to Canucks ridge, put huge banners over all the Predator signs, changed the flags on all the greens to Canucks flags, the golf course staff all wore 'nucks jerseys, heck the even answered the phone "Canucks Ridge". Kept it all the way till the bitter end. It was fun!

Wickabee- That's how I see it too, one big area like the lower mainland. Which would be great for my biz! I couldn't stand Vernon till I moved here,I think it's cause all you see when you drive through is the crappy part of town, but when you start to hang out at the places along Kal and Okanagan lake,its totally different. Still too small for me, but hey, like I said Kelowna isn't too far from Pred.

I know what you mean about Vernon. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised once I got off the highway. And O'Keefe Ranch is possibly my favourite spot in the entire valley.

Kelowna is terrible for it's own reasons. That's why I live in Westbank, er, West Kelowna, er...across the bridge from Kelowna. I would like to even get out of here one day. Just no idea where I'd go. Maybe Calgary again.