`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Hobby Confessions

I knew I wasn't going to be at a computer the other day for the close of an Ebay auction for a Terry Bradshaw rookie card so I begged my girlfriend to use my ebay account and to bid on it for me.

She did.

Now my girlfriend knows how much money I am willing to spend at one time on a football card as opposed to buying stuff for her.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

While I don't collect football I do read the posts and decided to post a reply to this one.

The craziest thing I ever did to get an autograph: too embarrassing too post

(I thought I could finally have it out. sorry)

lets just say it ended with a photo of John Randle that says: To Justin, John Randle and has something to do with tying my friend up in the trunk of a car

Not huge numbers, but funny stories.....Spent close to $100 on a Grossman 2003 Topps Finest AUTO RC when Grossmania was sweeping the land in Sept./Oct. '06......I did snag a Devin Hester Topps Chrome AUTO RC for $5 on eBay before the '06 season. I broke about even I guess. Most I've spent for one card was a PSA 7 Ditka RC, which I got for around $250 on eBay (it always came with a high grade '71 Namath...anyone interested). For purposes of keeping my marriage intact, I will not disclose the most I've spent in one month on cards.

lol i traded a calvin johnson elite rc (50 bucks) for an 8 dollar portis jsy but portis is my player still embarassingly over paid lol

The devil loves football,,,,,$0Buy my cards,,,,,,$0$0$0$0$0$0$0

And this ladies and gentlemen is a pure example of why America elected our current President. LOL. Did I seriously just read that a guy was collecting an unemployment check and spending $800 a month on cards? LOL
[Image: rice_sig1copy.jpg]
Collecting 49ers cards especially JERRY RICE, Patrick Willis, Josh Morgan, Vern
on Davis, and Jordan Shipley! Also Collecting 2010 Topps Platinum Auto Patches!

What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?

Nothing too crazy.  About $100.00 for Calvin Johnson National Treasures true RC/99 (Sweet 4 color patch).  ABout the same for Dwayne Bowe Exquisite RC/99.  I still have them both.

-How often do you bid on online sports card auctions while working?

At least an hour every day.  Sometimes up to 4 hours.  Don't tell...

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single <a href =http://www.beckettmarketplace.com" target="_blank">Beckett Marketplace</a> purchase?

Probably around $25.00.

-What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?

I sold one of my houses a couple years ago and used $10,000.00 of the equity to buy boxes and cases...

-What is the craziest thing you’ve done to get a player’s autograph?

Bid on ebay. 

</B>

i spent all $2500 of my graduation money on cards i graduated in may lol

You guys make it really hard for an average collector.

And you make me jealous!

The thing that still steams after 40 years is that my mother threw away all of my cards one day just because i didnt eat my dinner. There were Babe ruth rookie cards and John Elway rookie cards in that collection that would be worth tons today.
Edit: Need to resize the pic please - it is too large for a sig pic.

Looking for Peyton Manning autos and Rcs. PLMK if you have one.

http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx189/OSUFan004/