`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Football Hobby Confessions

I spent $28,793 just on 2005 products..mainly on Contenders putting together the 100 card auto set. With my tax refund, I paid $400 for the Mike Williams/73 and $250 for the Clarett. I sold the whole thing off after Cedric Houston decided not to sign...and then a year or so later, he signed. It still bakes me to this day.
Bucket:
http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa47...radeables/

Resident Seahawk collector. Building 2010 Topps Chrome sets and 2010 Topps Magic.

Seahawks4life51 Wrote:I spent $28,793 just on 2005 products..mainly on Contenders putting together the 100 card auto set. With my tax refund, I paid $400 for the Mike Williams/73 and $250 for the Clarett. I sold the whole thing off after Cedric Houston decided not to sign...and then a year or so later, he signed. It still bakes me to this day.

Ouch... Sorry to hear that.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

-What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?Nothing really out side of other cards. Card money goes back to cards.

-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?

Hmmm on 1 card would have been 80 for a wes welker auto patch #/10  yes i still have it.

-How often do you bid on online sports card auctions while working?
Everyday Smile

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?
4 bucks not much purchased on here.

-What is the most you’ve ever spent on your card hobby in one month?
few hundred more than i really wanted too. Havent in a LONG time.

-What is the craziest thing you’ve done to get a player’s autograph?
I meet a few patriots palyers a few years back when i used to work at Bestbuy. I went up to Bobby Hamilton and said your Adrian Klemm right.. well knowing he wasnt. Felt like an idiot. He said no thats not me and i was like sorry cant beleave i said that and asked for his auto on a card of HIS. He looked at my name tag and signed it to JUSTIN best wished.
Then on his way out said bye JUSTIN.
Not really crazy more of an idiot feeling.

Nothing really out side of other cards. Card money goes back to cards. Hmmm on 1 card would have been 80 for a wes welker auto patch #/10  yes i still have it.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

Seahawks4life51 Wrote:I spent $28,793 just on 2005 products..mainly on Contenders putting together the 100 card auto set. With my tax refund, I paid $400 for the Mike Williams/73 and $250 for the Clarett. I sold the whole thing off after Cedric Houston decided not to sign...and then a year or so later, he signed. It still bakes me to this day.

damn.... what a burn
Collecting: Walter Payton, Johnny Knox & Juaquin Iglesias

bears6 Wrote:

damn.... what a burn

Since then, I have not purchased a box of Contenders. Not in 2006, 2007, or 2008 and I won't ever again.
Bucket:

Resident Seahawk collector. Building 2010 Topps Chrome sets and 2010 Topps Magic.

-What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?

When I was younger I sold ALL of my cards to help pay for a car, I got about $3,500 for them. I've never tried to collect them again...

-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?

$300.00, Matt Ryan topps letterman auto booklet /15

WAAAAAAYYYY to often

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single Beckett Marketplace purchase?

Haven't yet, probably buy a box soon

Ouch... Hope my wife doesn't read this, but last month probably around $650.00

Haven't had the chance yet

When I was younger I sold ALL of my cards to help pay for a car, I got about $3,500 for them. I've never tried to collect them again...$300.00, Matt Ryan topps letterman auto booklet /15

[B]-What is the most amount of money you have ever thrown down on a single card? What was the card? Do you still have it?

$400 for a 2005 Contenders Mike Williams Contenders auto SP'ed to 73. Sold it away.

90% of my searching and bidding is done at work.

-What is the most money you've ever spent on a single <a href =http://www.beckettmarketplace.com" target="_blank">Beckett Marketplace</a> purchase?

$18. I find BM sellers to be grossly overpriced and only use BM as a last resort.

Box/Case purchases- $3400 plus another $500 or so from ebay.

Stood outside in some nasty weather for 5 hours to get Deion Branch's autograph at Qwest Field.
</B>

Bucket:

At the Bears fan convention that I used to go to, my friend and I would wait until the player's scheduled signing time was over and then wait for the player to come into the hallway and ask for their autograph then.  So we would only spend about 10 mins waiting instead of 2 hours.  Got a ton of autographs this way.
I collect Aaron Rowand, Bears and White Sox GU, autos.

I am trying to complete
some sets too. Especially for 2002 flair football.
My website is http://thuiner.webs.com/

All Day Baby Wrote:
Lions Blue Wrote:I went through a 6-7,000 year on e-bay and retail buying acouple of years back. I think it might have been more but try not to think to much about it.One of my major buys was a bunch of signed stuff, all fake. Last i heard from the FBI,that guy's going to a federal pen for awhile.

Was he in Arizona?  If so, I bought something from his as well... rats.
Anyway, I went "crazy-go-nuts" in 2006.  I bought more boxes that year than I had bought in the previous 10 years added together.  I easily spent over $7500 that year at the hobby store, and more if you include eBay.  The only thing that saved me was, I was selling a LOT on eBay as well.
-What big items have you bought that were funded by selling your cards? How much did you sell? Have you tried to collect those cards again?
In 2003, I had an auction end over $1000 for some football cards.  The timing couldn't be better, as I used the money to get my car out of the shop (~$1800 worth of motor repairs).
The most I ever spent on a single card was $152.54 before shipping for a 2008 Press Pass Legends Legendary Legacy Red Ink Autograph of Brett Favre (Stated print run 9) on eBay.  I still have the card too!  I had the money in my PayPal account, so I figured why not?
WAY too often!  I have several searches set up that email me, so I can easily link to the auctions.
$0 so far.
I'd have to say around $400-$500, including auctions, hobby and retail stores, and accessories.
Sadly, I don't live close enough to any professional team to try to get many autographs in person.  I have gone to some signings and sent cards through the mail though.  Neither are very "crazy" though.  lol

Id pay 152.54 for that Farve card any day.

Yikes brother! That hurts I think my first two purchases on ebay (auto memorabilia) were scams, but I have since learned what to look for and where to go. I feel bad for you that is one of the worst feelings buying a fake auto.
[Image: ChainBackBnrHoles.jpg]