`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
double post, sorry!

My bucket
[URL=htt
p://scinternet.net/~luker2324/goodtraders.htm]Trade References[/URL]
Always look
ing for Team USA cards I do not have.

What error card is worth the most $$$$$

I think I may have one that isn't yet listed here, in this GREAT thread! It's the 1991 (according to the Beckett Annual) OR 1992 (according to the Beckett OLPG) Topps Triple Headers Team Ball & Candy Pieces.

It appears that some, if not all teams, can be found with one of the 3 featured players on either side of the panel. I know that might not make much sense, So I will use my Chicago Cubs (I'm an Andre Dawson Collector!) Team Ball for an example.

*If I hold "Ball A" in my hand with Andre Dawson's photo facing me, the left panel of the baseball is blank, the right panel of the baseball shows Ryne Sandberg and the back panel shows George Bell.

*If I hold "Ball B" in my hands with Andre Dawson's photo facing me, the left panel of the baseball shows Ryne Sandberg, the right panel of the baseball is blank and the back shows George Bell.

-Andre Dawson Straight View

[Image: DawsonTripleHeaderBeckett002.jpg]

-Andre Dawson w/Ryne Sandberg on the right

[Image: DawsonTripleHeaderBeckett001.jpg]

-Andre Dawson w/Ryne Sandberg on the left

[Image: DawsonTripleHeaderBeckett004.jpg]

-Andre Dawson w/blank left panel

[Image: DawsonTripleHeaderBeckett003.jpg]

-Andre Dawson w/blank right panel

[Image: DawsonTripleHeaderBeckett005.jpg]

I can confirm that this "reversed panel" pattern holds true for the following teams...

-Chicago Cubs (have 2)

-San Francisco Giants (have 2)

-Milwaukee Brewers (have 2)

-Atlanta Braves (have 3)

-Toronto Blue Jays (have 3)

-Houston Astros (have 4) Nice! $40 BV each!

I cannot confirm if it is true for these teams or not though...

-Montreal Expos (have 4)

-Minnesota Twins (have 1)

-Detroit Tigers (have 1)

-San Diego Padres (have 1)

-Cleveland Indians (have 1)

-Boston Red Sox (have 1)

I thought it was kind of odd that some of the balls I have only 2 of, brought one of each variation and the Expos of which I have 4, only one variation. So I'm not sure if it holds true for each and every team.

Thanks
 Craig

More non Beckett stuff...

1990 Donruss #39 Steve Avery- Born Trenton Michigan not NJ. (1991 Donruss made the mistake again but fixed it)

1990 Donruss #368 Kirk Gibson- DOB May 25th vs. 28th (28th correct)

*1994 SP with a 1993 SP Hologram on the back

The 93 on the left and the 94 on the right look exactly the same. The 94 in the middle and the rest of the stack of 10 or so that I have look the same. The 93 & 94 on the ends reflect really good in the light. The others are real dull. I didn't see this one posted over at Beckett. Did I miss it?

[Image: 9394SPVariation.jpg]

From what I have discovered, mid 90's Upper Deck products used a "logo-pattern" hologram that had the UD logo only in a repeated pattern and they also used a "name/logo-pattern" hologram that had the UD logo as well as the words "upper deck" repeated.

1992-93 UD Hockey is the first product where they started doing this dual-hologram type (as far as I know...). You can pretty much find any player with that minor hologram variation.

If you check previous posts here, there are much more difficult (and far more noticeable) hologram variations in the 1991 sets. In fact, I believe I have a Dawson/Sandberg/Bell Cubs card that has the 1992 Upper Deck hologram on back.

So, none of this stuff people posted scans of is going on the main post I guess?  Even with all of this visual proof, Beckett still REFUSES to acknowledge these true variations. It's mind-boggling!  This is one of the most viewed threads on this site, so it's pretty obvious many people are interested in them. Yeah, they're from late 80's and early 90's sets. Does Beckett have something against adding value to these sets or what?  It's officially hopeless, I give up.

By the way, has anyone found any of the variations I scanned in their commons?  I feel like I'm the only one who has them. If anyone is interested in trading for some of the cards I posted on pages 16-18 of this thread, PM me, I have multiple dupes of most of them. 

evolb909 Wrote:By the way, has anyone found any of the variations I scanned in their commons?  I feel like I'm the only one who has them. If anyone is interested in trading for some of the cards I posted on pages 16-18 of this thread, PM me, I have multiple dupes of most of them. 

I have over 5000 1991 Topps error and variation cards (this includes about 2500 bold logo versions). I also have about 5000 error and variations from other brands. Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I have, I'm always interested in trading for variations, especially of Robin Ventura, Steve Sax and Howard Johnson.

Still no way to search for threads, huh? 40 pages of hunting was....fun !!!

Used to super collect Ripken FF versions. Now I'm looking for a new direction.