`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Posted this on another site as well.  Notice the spot/ no spot near the players positions.  I have a few of each of the four.  Are these another spot/ no spot like Boggs?  Curious on your thoughts.

[Image: BuhnerBrownSpotNoSpotB.jpg]

MartinFFcollector would be the one to ask.  He seems to know more about the 89 Fleer variations than anyone else.  I'd say it's in the same ballpark, though.

Does anyone know if there is a variation of the 2005 Upper Deck Ryan Howard #250? Beckett lists the card as a Star Rookie, but my card says Future Stars. Here is a scan.

[Image: 05_ud_ryanhoward.jpg]

Alvin
My Bucket -
Not very up to date

Here are some variations I know of for oddball cards.

1977 Pepsi Cola Discs (different colors on front - I have purple, orange, green, and blue of Schmidt and assume other players are the same)
1982 Topps Team Leader Cards ( a promotional sheet was released with all the team leader cards on it. These have a thinner card stock and lighter color on the back of the card)
1983 and 1984 Topps Test Sticker Strips (not listed in Beckett, but the identical stickers were release in strips of 5)
1986 and 1987 Donruss Wax Box cards (gray card stock -vs- white card stock, white seem tougher to find)
1987 Ralston (variation has a lighter back and the text "Collectors Edition" is not in the upper right-hand corner on the front of the card)
1989 Baseball Wit (reprint series did not have #s on the back)
1991 and 1992 Kenner Starting Lineup Cards (They had a send in where you could get a poster with all the cards on it. When cut into singles the cards are a little thinner stock and have black print on the back instead of blue like the ones that came with the figurines)
1991 Topps Superstar Standups (These were candy holders with players depicted on the front. The candy holders were made of red and green (NL and AL). There are some uncolored, clear plastic variations that are much harder to get.)
1992 Mr. Turkey (cards from the actual box have lighter print on the back. Sometimes they are cut with a small brown border to identify them as coming off the box)

Send me an email if you have any questions about these as I don't always frequent these boards.

tpeichel34@yahoo.com

Do you have a variation of the BC1 card of Ryan in the set also or is it only the base card?
darthtampon Wrote:not sure if this is a single card error or if it happens thouh out the set
[Image: scan0007.jpg?t=1210202882]
Notice the team right of the mlb logo.
Anybody have a large lot of these to determine if it affects all of the cards or just a few. Out of the 13 of these cards I have 2 are sunrays, the rest are the suns.

My bucket
[URL=htt
p://scinternet.net/~luker2324/goodtraders.htm]Trade References[/URL]
Always look
ing for Team USA cards I do not have.

For those of you that have a large amount of 1991 Upper Deck (and some free time), I am still looking for the hologram variations on the following cards:

#263 Robin Ventura
#462 Steve Sax
#677 "Ground Breaking" Ventura + Fisk

I am also interested in the variations for the following players as well:

#2 Plantier #4 Dave Hansen #124 HoJo #231 Downing #246 Frank thomas #375 Maas #634 Kirk Gibson #744 Bo Jackson #NNO Nolan Ryan Heroes Header

Basically I need any of the non-1991 style variations as they are defined below:

"1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in four different ways:

-Upper Deck used a specific hologram for it's 1990 cards that has a
blurry cluster of baseballs. Flip over any 1990 UD card to notice this.
Upper Deck printed some of it's 1991s with this old hologram type.

-Upper Deck Hockey 1990-91 Hi series had a specific type of hologram as
well. In it you can clearly see the "90" ( and sometimes hockey sticks)
floating around in the hologram image. For whatever reason, Upper Deck
printed some of it's 1991 baseball with this holo type.

-1991 Upper Deck baseball is commonly found with it's intended 1991
type. In this hologram you can see the year "91" (in small type)
repeated.

-1991 Upper Deck low and hi cards can be found with the Hologram type
used in it's Hi# basketball and Football cards. This hologram has an
Upper Deck logo/diamond pattern to it. "

Please PM if you have any of these, I have a ton of oddball and variation stuff for the player/team collectors and I am willing to trade in your favor. Thanks and happy holidays!

For those of you that have a large amount of 1991 Upper Deck (and some free time), I am still looking for the hologram variations on the following cards:

#263 Robin Ventura
#462 Steve Sax
#677 "Ground Breaking" Ventura + Fisk

I am also interested in the variations for the following players as well:

#2 Plantier #4 Dave Hansen #124 HoJo #231 Downing #246 Frank thomas #375 Maas #634 Kirk Gibson #744 Bo Jackson #NNO Nolan Ryan Heroes Header

Basically I need any of the non-1991 style variations as they are defined below:

"1991 Upper Deck: Holograms on back come in four different ways:

-Upper Deck used a specific hologram for it's 1990 cards that has a
blurry cluster of baseballs. Flip over any 1990 UD card to notice this.
Upper Deck printed some of it's 1991s with this old hologram type.

-Upper Deck Hockey 1990-91 Hi series had a specific type of hologram as
well. In it you can clearly see the "90" ( and sometimes hockey sticks)
floating around in the hologram image. For whatever reason, Upper Deck
printed some of it's 1991 baseball with this holo type.

-1991 Upper Deck baseball is commonly found with it's intended 1991
type. In this hologram you can see the year "91" (in small type)
repeated.

-1991 Upper Deck low and hi cards can be found with the Hologram type
used in it's Hi# basketball and Football cards. This hologram has an
Upper Deck logo/diamond pattern to it. "

Please PM if you have any of these, I have a ton of oddball and variation stuff for the player/team collectors and I am willing to trade in your favor. Thanks and happy holidays!

mschu Wrote:Posted this on another site as well.  Notice the spot/ no spot near the players positions.  I have a few of each of the four.  Are these another spot/ no spot like Boggs?  Curious on your thoughts.

[Image: BuhnerBrownSpotNoSpotB.jpg]

I pulled the Jay like yours and another player and another but it's merged with the 1st letter. Unsure if stray ink or what.

[Image: mydots.jpg]
Used to super collect Ripken FF versions. Now I'm looking for a new direction.

Haven't been able to find the thread on here again that had it. Can someone post the pics of the different Randy Johnson 89 Fleer Marlboro variations? Thanks.
[Image: Mattingly.jpg]

I actually have 4 versions of the Hernandez card.  I wish the picture was better, but it seems there is a full red mark, faded, more faded, then grayed out.

[Image: 1989FleerHernandezABCD.jpg]
My bucket
[URL=htt
p://scinternet.net/~luker2324/goodtraders.htm]Trade References[/URL]
Always look
ing for Team USA cards I do not have.