`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The official BMB Error Variation discussion and reference thread!

The official BMB Error & Variation discussion and reference thread!
Unsure if I posted this here before so I'll do it again

List of 1989 Fleer errors I know of-

Romine      Action/Pose

Trillo      Throws Right/Rig...

Boggs      Spot/No Spot  --------------AFTER HIS POSITION ON BACK

Young      sideways S/No S   ----------UNDER WORD PITCHER ON FRONT.  LIGHT BLUE

Ashby  Throws Right/Rig

Vandeberg    Throws Left/Lef   

Parrish    handwritten i in Parrish (Apparently a printing flaw, not an error)

Orsulack           white Spot on cage/no white spot,actually you can see gray

G. Hernandez   4 variations (red spot on armpit,lighter,Whiteout,not visible)

Heep  San Antonio/Lake Hills

Treadway     Target /no target    -----------------LITE BLUE ABOVE HEAD

Allen   Syosset/Saratosa

Moses  Phoenix/Tempe

Heath/Brookens switched backs

R Johnson- many different variations of corrections over box. Heard 8+. Have owned 5 different.

All Checklists listed with/without players positions

#654 C- List  Hendersor/Henderson

Bill Ripken-
FF
Round BBox
Square BBox
BBox jagged line
Loop Scribble
F Scribble
Lite Loop Scribble
Whiteout
White Scribble
Saw Cuts of many versions and more !
P.S. The B/W test card is FAKE !!

Heard PSA identifies SOME of  these errors now.  "I asked specifically about the Throws Rig/Throws Right, Different Backs, Target/No Target, etc. cards. I guess it's a good place to start.."

Thank you for contacting PSA Customer Service. Yes we would recognize the varieties. We do have a few graded and in the system already. When you submit the cards for grading make sure to add the varieties on the invoice and you can also put “Attention Susan” on it so she can make sure to add all the varieties.

If you have any further questions please call Customer Service at 1-800-325-1121 or email us."

My buddy and I have contacted BGS about the FF versions. They said ONE of the reasons they do not identify the individual variation is the ease in counterfitting them. I can understand that applies for the saw cuts but there are manyu other variations. We offered to help but I guess the FF does not have enough submissions for them to need to act.

Used to super collect Ripken FF versions. Now I'm looking for a new direction.

CALRIPKENJRCOLLECTOR Wrote:
Thrill 22 Wrote:
onionring9 Wrote:Also note the 1997 Score Hobby Reserve (511 vs HR511)
Is this common with the Hobby Reserve, or only with the McGwire?

I have Cal Ripken with the same...

This is the case with all of the second series cards - they all come with or without the HR prefix.
Looking for Peter Bergeron, Greg Colbrunn, Darrin Fletcher, Kevin Appier, Jeff M
ontgomery, Tom Henke, Tug Hulett and Tim Spooneybarger - if you have any rare, l
ow numbered parallels of these guys, send me a message.

is there a football thread like this ?

MartinFFCollector Wrote:
jacksoncoupage Wrote:

Can you possibly provide a scan of the 1989 Fleer Checklists with positions? I know there are several members that have been waiting years for confirmation on these.

[Image: positions.jpg]

Cool to finally see the checklist with positions.  Any idea why Fleer made a version with positions and one without?  Why not just stick with one or the other?

Unsure why they did. But the c-list w/positions is rare so that idea didn't last long.

Do you guys consider cards that are sent back because it's defective and get the same card back but with a different font serial number?!? Just curious!

Here's an example. The serail #46/100 a replacement card has a different font than the pack inserted cards as shown on the 90/100.

[Image: variant.jpg]

---
Komkozie - no there isn't one - I wish there was tho
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

jaderock- interesting, also scary they used different font. I'm sure the scammers will love that. Sad

MartinFFCollector Wrote:jaderock- interesting, also scary they used different font. I'm sure the scammers will love that. Sad

What do you mean scammers would love it?!?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!

jaderock Wrote:
MartinFFCollector Wrote:jaderock- interesting, also scary they used different font. I'm sure the scammers will love that. Sad

If companies started doing this (different fonts) scammers, knowing alot of collectors dont research/compare a card before they buy, could easily start stamping cards ( like what happens with the Fleer bankruptcy cards) Make up a parallell. "Oh, this is the K-Mart West Caost Retail version" . lol

MartinFFCollector Wrote:
jaderock Wrote:

If companies started doing this (different fonts) scammers, knowing alot of collectors dont research/compare a card before they buy, could easily start stamping cards ( like what happens with the Fleer bankruptcy cards) Make up a parallell. "Oh, this is the K-Mart West Caost Retail version" . lol

Thanks for clarifying that. I guess that could happen with like Fleer and Pacific stuff since they're bankrupt and soon after released a ton of previously unnumbered stuff, but the example I gave was of a company still going strong. I have several different font serial numbered cards in my collection, but never thought about it until thinking of this thread.