`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent maildays

RE: Recent maildays
(01-12-2024, 11:26 AM)akaus Wrote: It's crazy how sometime raw cards will sell for more than a graded card. I understand that some raw cards might be in better condition, but it seems risky and in my opinion stupid to pay more for a raw card than graded. There is nothing wrong with an 8.5 especially on an SPX die cut card. Nice work once again.
100% agreed and thanks again!

(01-12-2024, 02:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Love those All-Star cards from back in the day!
Me too, that one was cheaper than a grading submission.  No brainer pickup to the "Jordan Scratch & Dent" Collection Smile.

Some newer pickups.  Unfortunately all the Player's Club Platinum have terrible condition flaws, I'd never dream of sending them in.  At best they'd be getting 3 or 4.  But they are still cool and I can upgrade later.

I love MJ #45 jersey pictures.  Reminds me of the sheer joy I had on his return to the Bulls and the precursor to another three-peat.

Man I wish Upper Deck would get licensed again. Nice stuff!

Some BGS returns on MJ cards.  I knew they wouldn't grade high, it's more about slabbing my old collection.

Always loved the Starquests ... still have a "Super Rare" Vince Carter in my PC, LOL

More BGS returns, along with an unfortunate trim job.  I don't remember when I got that card, I'll be on the look out for another one.  The '91 Upper Deck I'm really happy with, I pulled that from a pack in 1991.  It was the first special card in my collection and I'm thrilled that after 33 years in my collection it rated an 8.5.

As always, thanks for looking Smile

When I purged my collection (the first time) in the summer of 2018, I got rid of about 98 percent of my MJs.

Seeing all of these brings back goiod memories, and they look great in the slabs.

(04-01-2024, 03:28 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: When I purged my collection (the first time) in the summer of 2018, I got rid of about 98 percent of my MJs.

Seeing all of these brings back goiod memories, and they look great in the slabs.

Thanks!  It's been super cool putting my old collection into slabs and picking up stuff I always wanted to put in slabs.  My next BGS order is probably my last one with bulk MJs in it.  Depends if I want to grade those surface issue Collector's Choice Platinums or not.  I can't imagine they'd do better than a 4 or 5.

You could always slab them without a grade, just mark them "authentic" or whatever.

Especially since it sounds like you're not selling them.