`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be Connor Bedard's first official RC?

RE: What will be Connor Bedard's first official RC?
Bummer for Bedard on the broken jaw, terrible year overall for hockey cards.

Does seem like a brutal year for hockey cards.

Facts, no retail Bedards available other than redemptions and SPs, I can't even find UD Series 1 anywhere.
Wink 
I have a nice 2023-24 O-Pee-Chee Marquee Rookie #582 that I pulled 
from a Hobby Box. 

Scans or it didn’t happen.

(Old school Beckett rule #1 LOL)

Congrats!

Took one shot at the SP Easter Egg card with a 2023-24 Series 1 blaster from the LCS.

Last one on the shelf ...

Didn't get it.

First product I've found this year, the sharks gobbled up all the Series 1 retail stuff and obviously it will be even worse with the Series 2 stuff.

I have doubled my Connor Bedard PC by buying his Star Rookies card out of the box set.

It was amazing yesterday to see all the DBN without jobs or girlfriends who were clearing out every Walmart in two countries of all the retail Series 2 stuff.

And, of course, every single one had pulled at least one Bedard, if not the Young Guns then some kind of insert.

Reminded me of the Oprah thing with the free car giveaway ...

"YOU get a Bedard ... and YOU get a Bedard ... and YOU get a Bedard!"

Of course, half those guys "don't know s--t about hockey" but were just chasing the $1 Million Bounty on whoever pulls the 1/1 Bedard.

Good Lord I despise what the hobby has become.

There's a 1 of 1 in retail? Or is Retail Sharks R Us buying up all the retail to try to get a card that isn't even available in that format?

There are conflicting reports about whether you can actually pull the numbered stuff in retail.

I know in my five megas I didn't pull any numbered cards, but A) that's a relatively small sample size and B) not surprising in Today's Great New Era of the Hobby.

What is for certain is that TONS of DBN losers are gobbling up hockey and openly bragging that they don't know s--t about hockey and will flip any Bedard they pull and/or mark up the product online.

Just like, you know, the good ol' days of 2021 that they wistfully remember as a great era in the hobby.