`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will be Connor Bedard's first official RC?

What will be Connor Bedard's first official RC?
Will it be the UD Young Guns?  Does he have to be in a Blackhawks jersey?

RE: What will be Connor Bedard's first official RC?
Sometimes they have Rookie Redemptions from MVP which I believe count and come out before Young Guns. But I believe that Young Guns is the first you'll be able to pull from packs

(05-10-2023, 08:19 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: Sometimes they have Rookie Redemptions from MVP which I believe count and come out before Young Guns.  But I believe that Young Guns is the first you'll be able to pull from packs
Facts

That was my thinking on the Young Guns. Thanks for the replies guys.

They may/probably will invoke the "Alexis Lafreniere Rule" in which they don't have to wait until his debut to give him a card.

Meaning, if I had to bet on it, I'd say he likely headlines 2023-24 Series 1.

(If they were Topps, they would do a SSP photo variation in this year's Extended Series and slap a "rookie card logo" on it, just so that people could argue stupidly and endlessly over what is and isn't a rookie card.)

Either way, whenever his first card comes out, it will be a Gem Fire Banger for sure.

(05-16-2023, 12:53 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: They may/probably will invoke the "Alexis Lafreniere Rule" in which they don't have to wait until his debut to give him a card.

Meaning, if I had to bet on it, I'd say he likely headlines 2023-24 Series 1.

(If they were Topps, they would do a SSP photo variation in this year's Extended Series and slap a "rookie card logo" on it, just so that people could argue stupidly and endlessly over what is and isn't a rookie card.)

Either way, whenever his first card comes out, it will be a Gem Fire Banger for sure.
The Alexis Lafreniere rule was b/c of covid. So yes he will have to play one game before he can be on a card. No problem though, just put a card of his in the set and delay release until he plays 1 game.

(05-09-2023, 05:29 PM)RattPoison2 Wrote: Will it be the UD Young Guns?  Does he have to be in a Blackhawks jersey?
What if the Blackhawks don't draft him???????????

(06-02-2023, 06:43 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: What if the Blackhawks don't draft him???????????
Pretty sure we don’t have to worry about that, LOL

(06-02-2023, 08:58 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Pretty sure we don’t have to worry about that, LOL
I think so too, I'm not worried about that.

SO the series 1 checklist is out for Upper Deck 2023-24 and Connor Bedard is NOT ON the young guns rc list.