`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?

2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?
For the first time, we really have both a college and pro season to discuss card wise.

The NIL means that I am going to be at least paying attention to some teams that I would otherwise ignore (such as South Carolina due to having a couple of Spencer Rattler autograph cards) to see how the players you have pulled are doing. 

The NFL season should be interesting as well - anyone got any predictions?

This is what I predict for my Eagles - NFC East Champs, maybe win a game in the playoffs but fall short of the Super Bowl.

Justifications - first, look at the competition Dallas is going to take a step back, Washington is a big unknown (although the Commies might well surprise, Wentz has never had the luxury of having a receiver as good as  Terry McLaurin), and the Giants appear to be a mess.

Second, the team should be better on both offense and defense from what was a playoff team last year.

RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?
And the Bears showing extreme confidence in their roster strength pick up 6 players off of waivers. That did include a player who was a First Round pick last year.

The Eagles got Ian Book who had one start last year in New Orleans that was an absolute nightmare (which I don't think was entirely his fault since if I remember right, the Saints had all sorts of injury and/or COVID issues and had to play because of Monday night football despite a seriously depleted roster)

(08-31-2022, 01:36 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: And the Bears showing extreme confidence in their roster strength pick up 6 players off of waivers.    That did include a player who was a First Round pick last year.

The Eagles got Ian Book who had one start last year in New Orleans that was an absolute nightmare (which I don't think was entirely his fault since if I remember right, the Saints had all sorts of injury and/or COVID issues and had to play because of Monday night football  despite a seriously depleted roster)
I like the move from N.O. to Philly for Book.  I also read that Kellen Mond will now be the Brown's 3rd stringer.
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(08-31-2022, 01:38 PM)Speak917 Wrote: I like the move from N.O. to Philly for Book.  I also read that Kellen Mond will now be the Brown's 3rd stringer.
The Eagles traded Jalen Reagor to Minnesota which might actually figure out how to use him successfully.

In other WR trade news, the Panthers acquired Laviska Shenault Jr from the Jags. The Panthers, like usual, are pretty scary and very underrated on paper. Then, one remembers that Matt Rhule is the head coach, and reality hits again.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(08-31-2022, 01:38 PM)Speak917 Wrote: I like the move from N.O. to Philly for Book.  I also read that Kellen Mond will now be the Brown's 3rd stringer.
NFL or NIL, LOL

(08-31-2022, 04:46 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: NFL or NIL, LOL
I've become scared to trade cards now because I never know when the guy I pull will wind up a couple of years later on the Eagles.

I pulled 3 A.J. Brown autos during his rookie year - good thing I didn't trade them!

(08-31-2022, 04:58 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: I've become scared to trade cards now because I never know when the guy I pull will wind up a couple of years later on the Eagles.

I pulled 3 A.J. Brown autos during his rookie year - good thing I didn't trade them!
It's well documented that I sold like 95 percent of my collection a few summers ago.

So when the 49ers (one of my other PC teams besides Detroit) signed Nate Sudfeld this spring, I was bummed that I purged all of his stuff.

Then the 49ers re-sign Jimmy G and release Nate, so the pressure was off to track down a card of his.

That is, until the Lions signed him a day later, LOL

Hard to keep up with these days

(08-31-2022, 05:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It's well documented that I sold like 95 percent of my collection a few summers ago.

So when the 49ers (one of my other PC teams besides Detroit) signed Nate Sudfeld this spring, I was bummed that I purged all of his stuff.

Then the 49ers re-sign Jimmy G and release Nate, so the pressure was off to track down a card of his.

That is, until the Lions signed him a day later, LOL

Hard to keep up with these days
I picked up a Sudfied a couple of years ago when he was with the Eagles.

The 49ers waived Trey Sermon. No other news headlines right now, that is all.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers