`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?

RE: 2022 Season - Will it be a Gem Mint Banger?
(09-01-2022, 09:01 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: The 49ers waived Trey Sermon. No other news headlines right now, that is all.
Bears should pick him on the cheap
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(09-01-2022, 09:49 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Bears should pick him on the cheap
Then he would be a double PC guy for you, LOL

(09-01-2022, 09:01 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: The 49ers waived Trey Sermon. No other news headlines right now, that is all.
Bears should pick him on the cheap
Collecting: Ohio State Buckeyes, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears

(09-01-2022, 10:34 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Bears should pick him on the cheap
Running back is one of the few positions the Bears are in relatively good shape in with David Montgomery 

It looks like the Eagles picked him up off of waivers.

So good thing I still got that Sage Aspire auto of his - saves me the time of having to pick one up for the Eagles collection.

(09-01-2022, 09:49 AM)Speak917 Wrote: Bears should pick him on the cheap
The Bears did pick up Ihmir Smith-Marsette - wide receiver from Iowa who was with Minnesota last year - returns punts as well but got cut by the Vikings after they got Jalen Reagor who is a better receiver/punt returner

Given all of the movement of even RPS players after just one year, I don't understand why so many people are like "NFL uniforms only" - Mond, Book, Smith-Marsette, and Sermon were all RPS players last year - and now for all of them, the Sage, Onyx, and Leaf cards are just as accurate as the NFL uniform cards.

(09-01-2022, 03:52 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: The Bears did pick up Ihmir Smith-Marsette - wide receiver from Iowa who was with Minnesota last year - returns punts as well but got cut by the Vikings after they got Jalen Reagor who is a better receiver/punt returner

Given all of the movement of even RPS players after just one year, I don't understand why so many people are like "NFL uniforms only" - Mond, Book, Smith-Marsette, and Sermon were all RPS players last year - and now for all of them, the Sage, Onyx, and Leaf cards are just as accurate as the NFL uniform cards.
Agreed ... I found Josh Reynolds' Leaf Draft card in my commons not too long ago and threw it in my Lions box.

Hoping to dig up a Nate Sudfeld somewhere (new backup QB) but I'm pretty sure I purged them all a few years back.

(09-01-2022, 04:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Agreed ... I found Josh Reynolds' Leaf Draft card in my commons not too long ago and threw it in my Lions box.

Hoping to dig up a Nate Sudfeld somewhere (new backup QB) but I'm pretty sure I purged them all a few years back.
I guess the only guys you can safely trade away or sell are long retired players - otherwise, there is always a chance they will wind up on the team you collect (see e.g., Ryan Kerrigan - thank you Sage for keeping me from having to get a Washington auto of his - on the Eagles last year)

Especially now that teams are much more likely to move away from high draft picks quickly, and with the NIL, I could see player licensed cards becoming much more popular since its becoming much more rarer to see college and pro players remain with one team.  If your alternative is a card with the wrong uniform, why not just go with a player licensed card?

Another factor, players like Bryce Young are likely going to have hundreds of cards long before the NFL licensed cards come out.

I just got a text message from a D.C. based pizza business stating that the Washington Commanders are still undefeated so they have a special deal to celebrate. LOL! LOL! LOL!

You got to love how much faith Washington fans are showing in their team.

(09-08-2022, 11:12 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I just got a text message from a D.C. based pizza business stating that the Washington Commanders are still undefeated so they have a special deal to celebrate.  LOL!  LOL! LOL!

You got to love how much faith Washington fans are showing in their team.
So are the Lions!!!

"Detroit Lions - Rebuilding Since 1958"

LOL