`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2022 Offseason and Draft

RE: 2022 Offseason and Draft
I agree on Hurts. Just because he's not Brady or Mahomes doesn't automatically mean he can't help you win. Understand his skill set, build an offense that can help him succeed, then see where it takes you. He also doesn't have to give the franchise 15 solid years. I don't think anyone in Carolina complained about the years Cam Newton gave. His game wasn't built for longevity necessarily but he nabbed multiple Pro Bowls, an MVP and Super Bowl appearance.... better than most other QBs. Using a baseball reference, I don't think the Giants have any complaints about what they got out of Tim Lincecum. Not to say Hurts is prime Lincecum level, but the point is if a guy can give you 5+ years of stability, there's value in that.

(04-06-2022, 10:01 AM)jplarson Wrote: I don't think anyone in Carolina complained about the years Cam Newton gave.
Not then, but nowadays, people think drafting a QB is the answer and don't want Cam anywhere near the franchise because "he couldn't win"
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(04-06-2022, 10:02 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Not then, but nowadays, people think drafting a QB is the answer and don't want Cam anywhere near the franchise because "he couldn't win"
I would have loved having Newton on the Bears for the 2010s. I think more teams than not would also agree.

(04-06-2022, 10:01 AM)jplarson Wrote: I agree on Hurts.  Just because he's not Brady or Mahomes doesn't automatically mean he can't help you win.  Understand his skill set, build an offense that can help him succeed, then see where it takes you.  He also doesn't have to give the franchise 15 solid years.  I don't think anyone in Carolina complained about the years Cam Newton gave.  His game wasn't built for longevity necessarily but he nabbed multiple Pro Bowls, an MVP and Super Bowl appearance.... better than most other QBs.  Using a baseball reference, I don't think the Giants have any complaints about what they got out of Tim Lincecum.  Not to say Hurts is prime Lincecum level, but the point is if a guy can give you 5+ years of stability, there's value in that.
Cam is, in fact, the most decorated football player in history ... the only one ever to accomplish all of the following:

- Junior College national champion
- NCAA national champion
- Heisman Trophy winner
- #1 pick in NFL Draft
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
- NFL All-Pro
- NFL MVP
- Conference champion/Super Bowl participant

Had he actually won the Super Bowl, no one in history would ever be able to theoretically surpass those achievements, but as it stands, yeah, I'd say he did pretty well.

(04-06-2022, 01:39 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Cam is, in fact, the most decorated football player in history ... the only one ever to accomplish all of the following:

- Junior College national champion
- NCAA national champion
- Heisman Trophy winner
- #1 pick in NFL Draft
- NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year
- NFL All-Pro
- NFL MVP
- Conference champion/Super Bowl participant

Had he actually won the Super Bowl, no one in history would ever be able to theoretically surpass those achievements, but as it stands, yeah, I'd say he did pretty well.
Greatest QB in NFL history when healthy.

And it's not like he was only healthy for two games a year, or only three seasons. He gave us a good 6-7.5ish seasons before injuries became a prominent issue.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers