`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!

The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!
Friends,

The dooshery in the hobby just keeps getting better and better.

So the last few weeks (well, year-plus overall) I have been concentrating on singles.

A disturbing new trend - shipping without toploaders!

Check out this Marc-Andre Fleury RC I received today ... in case you can't tell from the bad photo, the card is in a penny sleeve and heavily taped to a piece of cardboard:

[Image: Fleury.jpg]

Can you imagine how fun that was getting it out without damaging the card?

Now, I know some of you think this kind of stuff is "great for the hobby" and will find a way to defend it - "but but but there is a toploader shortage" - but, come on ... give me a freaking break.

I have thousands of cards still in toploaders, so you know what I would do if I was going to sell a card and didn't have a toploader for it already?

Wait for it ... I'd use one of mine!

Wanna know why?

Wait for it, again ...

I'm not a doosh bag!

RE: The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!
Of course they did. OF COURSE they did. Sorry to hear about that. If it was on a certain E of Bay, you could leave a negative/neutral feedback, but idk if that would do anything.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(05-25-2021, 01:37 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: Of course they did. OF COURSE they did. Sorry to hear about that. If it was on a certain E of Bay, you could leave a negative/neutral feedback, but idk if that would do anything.
It was an Amazon seller.

The card was fine, I was very delicate in retrieving it, and in nice condition to begin with.

But there's a million ways that could have gone badly.

(05-25-2021, 01:52 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: It was an Amazon seller.

The card was fine, I was very delicate in retrieving it, and in nice condition to begin with.

But there's a million ways that could have gone badly.
There might still be a place to leave a negative feedback. No way that should've been done, depending on how much the shipping cost.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

(05-25-2021, 10:31 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: There might still be a place to leave a negative feedback. No way that should've been done, depending on how much the shipping cost.
I gave them three stars and described the packaging in the comments.

I don’t have to participate in hobby dooshery - period, end of subject.

Got a bright idea for the seller if they don’t like their feedback ... don’t be a doosh.

(05-26-2021, 12:03 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Got a bright idea for the seller if they don’t like their feedback ... don’t be a doosh.
[Image: Who_Are_You_Who_Are_So_Wise_In_The_Ways_...Banner.jpg]

(Picture not my own, all rights to the original owner/owners)
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
2015/2017 Panthers

(05-26-2021, 09:11 AM)CMCFan22 Wrote: [Image: Who_Are_You_Who_Are_So_Wise_In_The_Ways_...Banner.jpg]

(Picture not my own, all rights to the original owner/owners)
LOL

(05-25-2021, 12:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: wow, that's crazy. I wouldnt post an item to sell unless I can package it properly. It's just good etiquette. I mean how I want to get my cards is how I would ship them when I am on the other end.

Friends,

The dooshery in the hobby just keeps getting better and better.

So the last few weeks (well, year-plus overall) I have been concentrating on singles.

A disturbing new trend - shipping without toploaders!

Check out this Marc-Andre Fleury RC I received today ... in case you can't tell from the bad photo, the card is in a penny sleeve and heavily taped to a piece of cardboard:

[Image: Fleury.jpg]

Can you imagine how fun that was getting it out without damaging the card?

Now, I know some of you think this kind of stuff is "great for the hobby" and will find a way to defend it - "but but but there is a toploader shortage" - but, come on ... give me a freaking break.

I have thousands of cards still in toploaders, so you know what I would do if I was going to sell a card and didn't have a toploader for it already?

Wait for it ... I'd use one of mine!

Wanna know why?

Wait for it, again ...

I'm not a doosh bag!
add me on IG jdmaxi4u

Yes, exactly ... would the seller want to receive a card like that?

(05-25-2021, 12:24 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Wait for it ... I'd use one of mine!

Wanna know why?

Wait for it, again ...

I'm not a doosh bag!

LMAO .... I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY ... heck if one is really being a cheap ***** about it, up the shipping cost by a dollar to re-coup the cost.... but really, sending a card out in a toploader is the standard for me ... I cannot live with myself mailing out an unprotected card.