`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!

RE: The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!
Agreed 100 percent.

The excuse always is, "toploaders are hard to find right now."

Nope, more bulls--t.

There are millions of toploaders available right now - you just have to pay more for them.

And you can actually buy a decent amount of toploaders if you pass up some of those amazing marked-up blasters priced at $80.

The excuses are endless, but my patience and tolerance isn't.

New shenanigan I've been noticing lately ... shipping a card between two pieces of cardboard that are just slightly bigger than the card itself, then scotch taping the crap out of the cardboard pieces so that you can't safely remove the tape without potentially dinging the card.

Masking tape, folks ... masking tape.

And one piece on each of the four sides is plenty to keep the card safe ... no need to completely engulf it.

I bought some cards worth $3-$20 each off Beckett Marketplace recently. The package came with the $20 card in a toploader surrounded by packaging tape, and the $8 cards packed into oversized sleeves with other $3 cards.

So, strike one - blasting packing tape on toploader that made it tough to get the card out safely.

Strike two - not putting every card in its own sleeve.

Strike three - not putting all cards $5 and over in toploaders. Or, at least $8 and above.

I could almost picture the seller laughing while packaging my order. I don't get it.

(02-10-2023, 02:55 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I bought some cards worth $3-$20 each off Beckett Marketplace recently.  The package came with the $20 card in a toploader surrounded by packaging tape, and the $8 cards packed into oversized sleeves with other $3 cards.

So, strike one - blasting packing tape on toploader that made it tough to get the card out safely.

Strike two - not putting every card in its own sleeve.

Strike three - not putting all cards $5 and over in toploaders.  Or, at least $8 and above.

I could almost picture the seller laughing while packaging my order.  I don't get it.
Yep, it's really sad how little people care these days.

Got another cardboard/masking tape special today.

Not gonna use that seller any more.

Maybe they are using their business to help their home-schooled children learn arts & crafts by putting together the shipments.

(02-22-2023, 10:59 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Maybe they are using their business to help their home-schooled children learn arts & crafts by putting together the shipments.
Plausible, it’s like they’re angry I got the card for 6 cents with free shipping.

If I'm going to whine about dooshy shipping methods, I should also shout out the good ones.

I have several gift cards with less than a dollar on them, so I scour the late night DBay specials for bargains to try to clear out the spare change.

I was pleasantly surprised to receive a 1987 Topps Mike Fitzgerald base card (Defunct Teams PC!) in a nice penny sleeve and top loader, with a piece of masking tape over the top.

That's the way to do it!

How about the people who put the card in a top loader, but not a penny sleeve first so the card slides around in the package and actually ends up out of the top loader by the time you open it? =|
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(03-06-2023, 08:43 PM)hempick Wrote: How about the people who put the card in a top loader, but not a penny sleeve first so the card slides around in the package and actually ends up out of the top loader by the time you open it?  =|
That, or the ones who tape the crap out of the package/envelope but don't bother to put any tape over the top of the toploader and the card slides halfway out.

True, true genius at work there.