`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Prizm checklist!!!

RE: 2020 Prizm checklist!!!
(12-17-2020, 09:23 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: I thought the answer for "is this a good deal" is always "it's 2020, nothing is a good deal!"
This is the way.

I once put a hand-collated set of 2005 Topps Football on eBay and it sold for like 99 cents.

Since I'm not a doosh I honored the sale, but I underestimated the shipping cost at $7 when it actually cost me $11.

So I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.

rjcj2017 Wrote:I once put a hand-collated set of 2005 Topps Football on eBay and it sold for like 99 cents.

Since I'm not a doosh I honored the sale, but I underestimated the shipping cost at $7 when it actually cost me $11.

So I actually paid someone $3 to take my set away from me.
Still a good deal compared to 2020 Prizm hobby boxes at $1000 plus

btw, did anyone notice that Immaculate - actual high end really nice cards that probably would have been around $400-500 a box even without the bubble - were selling for $250 less than Prizm from Panini.  Seriously, even though its total madness prices, you can get a box of Immaculate and have enough money for a box of say XR for the price of a box of Prizm.

ZSDOne Wrote:Still a good deal compared to 2020 Prizm hobby boxes at $1000 plus

btw, did anyone notice that Immaculate - actual high end really nice cards that probably would have been around $400-500 a box even without the bubble - were selling for $250 less than Prizm from Panini.  Seriously, even though its total madness prices, you can get a box of Immaculate and have enough money for a box of say XR for the price of a box of Prizm.
That's crazy!

savagenate Wrote:That's crazy!
Agreed.  I don't see what is so special about Prizm. Nice colors.  But that is basically in all sets now to some degree.

That being said, I have almost 3000 prizm cards from 2012-2019 that I will part with for $30/card. LOL
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Agreed.  I don't see what is so special about Prizm. Nice colors.  But that is basically in all sets now to some degree.

That being said, I have almost 3000 prizm cards from 2012-2019 that I will part with for $30/card. LOL
That's a steal! lol. The market is nuts. I didn't like prizm initially, but the colors really started to pop to me. I do usually prefer an action shot though rather than just a color background. The past couple years playoff was good with that, but it looks like they went away from that, at least for packers this year. I might grab some green prizms just because I love the color though.

dogger99 Wrote:Agreed.  I don't see what is so special about Prizm. Nice colors.  But that is basically in all sets now to some degree.

Apparently Prizm is very popular in basketball cards due to the Asian market (for whatever reason, Prizm really appeals to collectors in China).  Football Prizm is being bought up and going up in price by people not savy enough to realize that the NFL doesn't have a big following in Asia.

Prizm is marketed as a high end $ set... yet the checklist of 400 makes it seem more like Score or Donruss, distinctly low end sets. I'd hate to be the folks holding onto all this 2020 Prizm once the demand evaporates. Seems like you need multiple good hits in order to break even.

jplarson Wrote:Prizm is marketed as a high end $ set... yet the checklist of 400 makes it seem more like Score or Donruss, distinctly low end sets.  I'd hate to be the folks holding onto all this 2020 Prizm once the demand evaporates.  Seems like you need multiple good hits in order to break even.
It was priced like a low end/mid end set until this year to - and still is if you go by MSRP (which is approximately $175, if I recall correctly) and this year, they provide even less value replacing one of the autos with silver Prizms (because the new suckers (I mean "investors") are convinced that they are worth more - even though silver Prizms have always been plentiful in retail (and indeed are from what I've seen again plentiful in retail this year)

ZSDOne Wrote:It was priced like a low end/mid end set until this year to - and still is if you go by MSRP (which is approximately $175, if I recall correctly) and this year, they provide even less value replacing one of the autos with silver Prizms (because the new suckers (I mean "investors") are convinced that they are worth more - even though silver Prizms have always been plentiful in retail (and indeed are from what I've seen again plentiful in retail this year)
I'm completely bewildered and confuddled with the reasoning behind the prices of silvers.