`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exciting Playoff Bracket

RE: Exciting Playoff Bracket
rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL, when did you become an Astros fan?
Nope.  Just a fan of the truth.  I hate many teams.

MLB didn't take action against the players because a) the union would've made a fuss about it and b) by admitting there was widespread cheating on the part of the players on the World Series winning team, they'd be admitting that the league itself had failed - Robbie would never admit to such a thing.

Bregman, Correa, Altuve, Springer, and even someone from my beloved Twins (Marwin) were all innocent in the same way that OJ Simpson was innocent ... not innocent at all, but not guilty due to the negligence of those handling the "investigation."

I was honestly hoping to see one of those guys - preferably that smug little prick Bregman - break the single season hit-by-pitch record.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Kepler

On the "bright side," I finally found a team I hate more than the Yankees. And that's a deep hatred that runs back to 1986 when an obnoxious Yankees fan (hard to imagine, right?) spent 9 innings trash-talking 7-year-old me at the Metrodome.

Thankfully, Bert Blyleven had my back and spun a 5-0 shutout. (https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes...7130.shtml)
Kepler

Barry Bonds would be a more apt comparison than O.J. The Astros players didn't commit murder!!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

jack pfiester Wrote:Barry Bonds would be a more apt comparison than O.J.  The Astros players didn't commit murder!!
Maybe, but Bonds actually got convicted of something even if it was eventually overturned. All of the others walked away with only their reputations damaged.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:MLB didn't take action against the players because a) the union would've made a fuss about it and b) by admitting there was widespread cheating on the part of the players on the World Series winning team, they'd be admitting that the league itself had failed - Robbie would never admit to such a thing.

Bregman, Correa, Altuve, Springer, and even someone from my beloved Twins (Marwin) were all innocent in the same way that OJ Simpson was innocent ... not innocent at all, but not guilty due to the negligence of those handling the "investigation."

I was honestly hoping to see one of those guys - preferably that smug little prick Bregman - break the single season hit-by-pitch record.

Oh well, maybe next year.
Good point. Go A's!

Sorry, all you Astros haters.

Eh, no biggie to me. A Dodgers/Astros WS might be very entertaining though as Cspen mentioned in a different thread. Dodgers look kind of unstoppable right now

kerryandbeth Wrote:Sorry, all you Astros haters.

I honestly didn't think they would make it this far.  Everyone just looked depressed on the field.  Pretty proud of them for pulling through all the talk.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

Coincidence or not that the remaining teams all come from warm climates and the games are being played in Texas. Hmmm.