`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would you do??

What would you do??
After waiting an extra 2 weeks for my 2 boxes of Super Jumbo Bowman Chrome, the mail today had 2 boxes of regular Jumbo! So, now the vendor will send me a 3rd box of regular Jumbo to make it up to me. 9 autos instead of 10, but 3 Jumbos cost more than 2 Super Jumbos.

Did I get a good deal or not?

RE: What would you do??
I would say you got a better deal. 1 less auto, but I would argue the chances for more serial numbered cards is better. Plus, there are some pretty solid prospects in this year's set, so getting a couple extra Rutschmans would make up for 1 less auto in my opinion.

I haven't bought a box of cards since 1987 and am not a prospector at all but if you're looking for prospects, I would go with the deal that will give you more cards. I assume there are more cards in a Super Jumbo box than a Jumbo box but I don't know how many more. If three Jumbo boxes have more cards than two Super Jumbo boxes then that is what I would probably opt for. The one auto you miss out on could most likely be a scrub anyway. The big factor for me would be having the boxes in my possession and resisting the urge to bust them open.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I would accept the third box and move on, with a mental note to stay away from them in the future.

If you pull any Riley Greene stuff please let me know my good man!

I made the right decision...for once!
(12-20-2019, 04:33 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I would accept the third box and move on, with a mental note to stay away from them in the future.

If you pull any Riley Greene stuff please let me know my good man!
So, I decided to keep the 2 Jumbo boxes and wait for the 3rd to come later. 1st box had a couple of nice numbered autos including a Franchise Futures dual /50 with Alek Manoah.

Then, pack 8 of the 2nd box...Riley Greene Blue Autograph /150

Yowza!! That just paid for everything else.Wink

Nice hit on the Greene! Congrats!

(12-20-2019, 03:48 PM)zeprock Wrote: I haven't bought a box of cards since 1987 and am not a prospector at all but if you're looking for prospects, I would go with the deal that will give you more cards. I assume there are more cards in a Super Jumbo box than a Jumbo box but I don't know how many more. If three Jumbo boxes have more cards than two Super Jumbo boxes then that is what I would probably opt for. The one auto you miss out on could most likely be a scrub anyway. The big factor for me would be having the boxes in my possession and resisting the urge to bust them open.
Mark, you know I don't prospect...I like to complete sets and I am after another Refractor set of the young-uns! The autos are intended to justify my spending.

(12-20-2019, 03:48 PM)zeprock Wrote: I haven't bought a box of cards since 1987 and am not a prospector at all but if you're looking for prospects, I would go with the deal that will give you more cards. I assume there are more cards in a Super Jumbo box than a Jumbo box but I don't know how many more. If three Jumbo boxes have more cards than two Super Jumbo boxes then that is what I would probably opt for. The one auto you miss out on could most likely be a scrub anyway. The big factor for me would be having the boxes in my possession and resisting the urge to bust them open.
I just bought a box of 1987 Fleer Star Stickers yesterday. Every card was miscut so bad white was showing on the left border on most of them.

Confused
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

(12-20-2019, 08:45 PM)mgruber2 Wrote: Nice hit on the Greene! Congrats!
Thanks! An extra $625 in your pocket gets it...LOL

(12-21-2019, 07:12 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Thanks! An extra $625 in your pocket gets it...LOL
I'd love to take it off your hands! Don't think I could swing it right now thoughWink