Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Time to give up playing football?

Time to give up playing football?
Hey guys,

This is a bit of unusual one, but ill keep it brief. Basically ever since Ive been growing up I always played (or tried to play football). Unfortunately for me the basics just wouldnt come to me, almost a decade later I still cant do more then 3 kick ups in a row, cant dribble the ball (my body movement is very stiff and choppy aswell) poor ball control, struggle to pass under pressur eetcc etc.

Ive always tried ro get better but it just seems more coordination is so out of sync and choppy. Im basically in my early 20s now and get invited to play a game or two against good people, but I know my ability is very very poor.

Do you guys think I should just forget trying to play soccer/football or does anyone have any tips on how I can basically try learn everything again?

RE: Time to give up playing football?
You could try signing up for an adult recreation league ... pretty low pressure and meant just for fun.

Otherwise, getting better at anything requires practice, practice, practice.

Take a ball up to a field and put the time in to make yourself better.

I'm closing in on 32, and due to health issues, have never been able to play organized football. I have hopes of still attaining it, though I know whatever skills I had are drastically reduced from when I was a young guy playing with friends. Keep the dream alive!

I was totally confused at first. This sub is for American football cards, not soccer.

Anyway, I say as long as you are enjoying yourself, just continue. If you aren't having fun, then it is time to stop.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Don't give up, don't ever give up.

(09-12-2019, 01:21 PM)hempick Wrote: I was totally confused at first. This sub is for American football cards, not soccer.

Anyway, I say as long as you are enjoying yourself, just continue. If you aren't having fun, then it is time to stop.
Lol I was confused at first as well...dribble, huh?

I just figured he was a Packers fan...

(09-11-2019, 01:16 PM)Josephmiguel44 Wrote: Hey guys,

This is a bit of unusual one, but ill keep it brief. Basically ever since Ive been growing up I always played (or tried to play football). Unfortunately for me the basics just wouldnt come to me, almost a decade later I still cant do more then 3 kick ups in a row, cant dribble the ball (my body movement is very stiff and choppy aswell) poor ball control, struggle to pass under pressur eetcc etc.

Ive always tried ro get better but it just seems more coordination is so out of sync and choppy. Im basically in my early 20s now and get invited to play a game or two against good people, but I know my ability is very very poor.

Do you guys think I should just forget trying to play soccer/football or does anyone have any tips on how I can basically try learn everything again?
my issue got solved!

(09-14-2019, 10:13 AM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I just figured he was a Packers fan...
Yeah...we dribbled right past you guys to the end zone yesterday ;p

He's spamming his sig link and trying to embed links in his posts as well. Was wondering why his posts were so strange lol
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)