`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: Are you upset at the lack of epack pricing?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes...what gives?
38.46%
5 38.46%
Meh...if.they priced it, the pricing would be out of whack anyway.
38.46%
5 38.46%
Nope...doesn't bother me.
23.08%
3 23.08%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beckett pricing on epack products.

RE: Beckett pricing on epack products.
(05-03-2016, 02:23 PM)sspboss302 Wrote: The Foil YGs are supposed to be listed 3 to 8 times basic YGs. Some Foil YGs are listed at 4$!

Strange pricing when you know that you have to exchange 5 regular YGs to get a Foil one.

For example:

Weal YG and Foil YG same price
Plotnikov YG and Foil YG same price
McCann YG and Foil YG same price

SSP
I can't blame them for this. Weal YG sells for like $1 and so does the foil version. I get the logic that it should be basically 5x with how you have to get it but with the absolute flooding of UDS1 this year there is so much out there.

I didn't look into the other, just took the top one for example.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(05-03-2016, 03:53 PM)snobles Wrote: I can't blame them for this. Weal YG sells for like $1 and so does the foil version. I get the logic that it should be basically 5x with how you have to get it but with the absolute flooding of UDS1 this year there is so much out there.

I didn't look into the other, just took the top one for example.

How about getting rid of 5 McDavid's YG to get a Foil version and only sell it 50$ higher than 1 regular YG. I think pricing should be revised.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

(05-03-2016, 03:58 PM)sspboss302 Wrote: How about getting rid of 5 McDavid's YG to get a Foil version and only sell it 50$ higher than 1 regular YG. I think pricing should be revised.

SSP
I totally get the argument, but that argument does not reflect the market. I cannot reasonably price a raw card for more than what a graded is selling for. The last few examples of BGS 9.5's on eBay are as follows:

4/16/2016 sold for $579.99

4/16/2016 sold for $600

4/14/2016 sold for $510

4/12/2016 sold for $492

4/5/2016 sold for $710

I understand that those are only examples from eBay, but it gives a good read on the market. If a McDavid YG Foil BGS 9.5 is getting
between $500 - $700 on the open market how am I to justify making a raw card more than what a highly graded example is selling for?

Much to our collective chagrin, snobles is absolutely correct in saying that the market was flooded with Series 1, due in part to epack. However, I also understand that it's a fluid market, so I will continue to monitor it, but, at the moment, I believe that it is an accurate reflection of what is happening.

As far as the 3 other players listed earlier in the thread they have been corrected. Also, if you have sales info from local shows where these cards are doing better than what I have them priced I would welcome the opportunity to see that. This is my job and I take it seriously. I cannot speak for persons that did this before me, but moving forward I am the hockey analyst and I want the data I push to our customers to be as accurate as possible.

The new updated pricing of the YG foils are, to me, more reasonable.

Thanks.

SSP
I pretty much collect what I pull !

[Image: ssp_nordiques_2-1.jpg]

holy smokes EricN, I dont know where beckett found you but you're a breath of fresh air. Look at you, coming on here to defend your pricing. If i ever see you in a bar, drinks are on me.
Thank you sir for making me feel like all is not lost.

just dont blow this......
Looking for: Brandon Nolan, Manon Rheaume
Trilogy Ice Scripts / Ultimate Collection Premium Patches
2011-12 Upper Deck Ice / 2008-09 Upper Deck Ice
1995-96 Bowman / 1995-96 Select Certified / 1995-96 Playoff 1 on 1
2014-15 Upper Deck MVP / 2005-06 Upper Deck Ice Fresh Ice Patches