Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Post Office Rant

RE: Post Office Rant
I don't see a crease on the card.
(02-04-2014, 04:08 PM)bgt masters of tikid Wrote: Is the crease by the R under Kaepernick? Or the N under Pettis?
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

(02-04-2014, 03:50 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I am just amazed out out of 215 deals I have made, that is including SCF, I have never had an issue with a trade. I was told that the card is creased near the material, The card was in penny sleeve,Top Loader, and Bubble Mailer. Here is the card I mailed.

This was the Best Card in my collection and I gave it up for 3 Quinton Patton Auto's. I wouldn't send a damaged card and screw anyone. My Collection would be compared a common collection compared to a lot of collections that a lot of people have here. When I am able to purchase cards, I have to be very picky with what I buy, because I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend. I will make it right, but at the end, 2 of us are not going to be happy.
And out of 1000 I have had maybe 2 or 3 issues. And out of about 5000 on ebay only 4 or 5. Point of the matter is it DOES happen as you are seeing 1st hand now. Just because it doesnt happen to you doesnt mean it doesnt happen. I have been in 1 car wreck my entire life. When I was 17 (I'm 40 now) I had a guy pull out in front of me, doesnt mean accidents dont happen.

The bolded part - I dont think anyone was saying you were. But I will offer this - If that was the best card in your collection next time take/spend more to protect it. You gotta protect yourself the best of your ability because you're depending on other people to make sure it gets there safe and sound.

Like Jacoby - I dont buy insurance unless its something I cant afford to lose. The second it leaves your hand is the second you're counting on others to make sure it doesnt get ruined. Not only others but others who deal with millions of items on a daily bases and need to get their job done so they dont get yelled at or fired.

I dont ship PWE unless its a 30 cent card and I have another to replace it because even tho its a crap card to me someone wanted it. Its worth more than 30 cents to them and I want to make sure they get it safe and sound. Its not about me its about them.

Penny sleeve, top loader, team bag, cardboard dummy, invoice with buyers address in case the label gets torn off, bubble mailer, DC is how I ship 90% of my items. Insurance on those I'm not prepared to eat. Other shipping methods on those I am prepared to replace and eat the costs.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-04-2014, 04:11 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I don't see a crease on the card.
Let me rephrase my question. Where is the person who received the card saying this crease(s) is? I see 4 possible places for creasing I mentioned two, and the other two would be between the S-E and between the I-V and even possibly between the R and the N. Its hard to tell on the third one could be a blotch in the pic. Normally on cards like that the glare from a photo causing lines is usually creasing. Most notably would be the one off the letter R.
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.

Just FYI, if you send in a padded envelope with Priority mail, you automatically get 50 dollars of free insurance, you don't have to specify that you want it, it's automatically put on.

(02-04-2014, 04:18 PM)branesergen Wrote: Penny sleeve, top loader, team bag, cardboard dummy, invoice with buyers address in case the label gets torn off, bubble mailer, DC is how I ship 90% of my items. Insurance on those I'm not prepared to eat. Other shipping methods on those I am prepared to replace and eat the costs.
x1000

When I ship raw cards they are in a top loader, team bag, and then I sandwich it in between used top loaders in another team bag, and then in a bubble mailer.

Graded go in a plastic bag, then in between to piece of card board taped on all 4 sides, and then in a bubble mailer.

Zero issues or complaints so far.

John
[Image: ZZZBearsBanner1.jpg]
Lance Briggs and Brian Urlacher Supercollector

I appreciate it guys, this does stink consider never having this kind of issue. I'm not faulting the other member, I just a bit upset. I have never experience this issue before on the trade sites or Ebay. I mainly buy on Ebay and trade when I can. I have worked my butt off to get where I am on my collection. My Collection may be a cheap collection, but it is better than nothing. When I got that Kaepernick, it was the best card I had in football. I have never had a problem, that is why I have never insured a package. Now I will have to give up trading and only purchase cards. I can't afford to pay $5 for a bubble mailer with insurance, that is way to much just to collect cardboard.

One thing to remember when you send stuff: If you send PWE (plain white envelope) it will ALWAYS go through the processing machine and if you are sending a memorabilia card, it will bend the cards, and it will crease them. I've gotten 3 cards so far that had jersey material in them in PWE, and all three had creases in them. One was a Jordy Nelson Triple Threads rookie auto jersey #d /89. Thankfully, that crease was extremely small and barely noticeable, but the other two I've had that happen to were really creased and very noticeable. The other Nelson I got that way I thankfully got another one of (even though it was /100). For most normal cards, that wouldn't damage them, but the jersey cards have numerous weak spots around the jersey that are very susceptible to creasing. Bubble envelopes, especially if you mark them as "Fragile" or "Do not Machine" won't go through the machines, and that keeps them from bending. Another thing to note is that you can still send normal postage without the insurance with a bubble envelope, and it will only cost you about 2 bucks. On my smaller trades I tend to do that, and you can still get tracking for it as well.

One thing about trading is after a while, if you reuse the bubble envelopes, you will only need to buy the first 2 or 3 envelopes. That's what I've done, and I've only purchased 2 so far, and I have a stack of them here at work of about 50 (though, I do keep ones from my eBay purchases as well). Reusing them also helps reduce the amount of trash in landfills. I figure, though, that spending a little extra when you are sending such an expensive card will keep you from having to deal with issues like that.

(02-04-2014, 05:08 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I appreciate it guys, this does stink consider never having this kind of issue. I'm not faulting the other member, I just a bit upset. I have never experience this issue before on the trade sites or Ebay. I mainly buy on Ebay and trade when I can. I have worked my butt off to get where I am on my collection. My Collection may be a cheap collection, but it is better than nothing. When I got that Kaepernick, it was the best card I had in football. I have never had a problem, that is why I have never insured a package. Now I will have to give up trading and only purchase cards. I can't afford to pay $5 for a bubble mailer with insurance, that is way to much just to collect cardboard.
You dont have to give up trading. Just put insurance on cards you cant afford to lose or be prepared to lose them. Keeping in mind that out of 200 trades this is your 1st accident. It wont be your last but to miss out on the next 100 before this happens again would only be hurting your collection. Like Bo said - reuse the bubble mailers and another tip is use paypal to print your labels. Its $1.93 to send up to 3 ounces which equates to 4 or 5 normal cards.

I like brand new top loaders on my cards so I keep the old ones to send trades/sales out in. Reuse the team bags and keep the cardboard dummies that come in. Also keep in mind that everything you're spending is also what your trading partner is spending. There are many ways to cut costs. You can also sell one $20 card, net $15 and spend that money on supplies and shipping for 3 or 4 more trades. Make one of those trades for a $20 SV card and repeat. Make the hobby pay for itself Smile
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-04-2014, 05:08 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: I can't afford to pay $5 for a bubble mailer with insurance, that is way to much just to collect cardboard.
You don't have to on EVERY trade...just the ones you can't/won't replace if it is unfortunately damaged.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Thanks,
I have done PWE, but I have the envelope Stamped Fragile and Non-Machineable. That is only when I am doing 1 card trades and they are low valued. Game-Used and Auto's, I always have done Bubble Mailers and marked Fragile. I always use tracking with Bubble Mailers, because I don't trust the Post Office and I don't trust traders unless they are established. I hhave also been working hard on here to get established, which has been a work in progress. I enjoy Beckett and majority of the people, including BS Steals Home.
(02-04-2014, 05:22 PM)bojesphob Wrote: One thing to remember when you send stuff: If you send PWE (plain white envelope) it will ALWAYS go through the processing machine and if you are sending a memorabilia card, it will bend the cards, and it will crease them. I've gotten 3 cards so far that had jersey material in them in PWE, and all three had creases in them. One was a Jordy Nelson Triple Threads rookie auto jersey #d /89. Thankfully, that crease was extremely small and barely noticeable, but the other two I've had that happen to were really creased and very noticeable. The other Nelson I got that way I thankfully got another one of (even though it was /100). For most normal cards, that wouldn't damage them, but the jersey cards have numerous weak spots around the jersey that are very susceptible to creasing. Bubble envelopes, especially if you mark them as "Fragile" or "Do not Machine" won't go through the machines, and that keeps them from bending. Another thing to note is that you can still send normal postage without the insurance with a bubble envelope, and it will only cost you about 2 bucks. On my smaller trades I tend to do that, and you can still get tracking for it as well.

One thing about trading is after a while, if you reuse the bubble envelopes, you will only need to buy the first 2 or 3 envelopes. That's what I've done, and I've only purchased 2 so far, and I have a stack of them here at work of about 50 (though, I do keep ones from my eBay purchases as well). Reusing them also helps reduce the amount of trash in landfills. I figure, though, that spending a little extra when you are sending such an expensive card will keep you from having to deal with issues like that.