`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Post Office Rant

Post Office Rant
I have been collecting and trading cards for a while. Between my sites I trade on, I have over 200 trades. One thing I have learned, is to treat people how you would want to be treated. Do honest and yes fair trading. I believe in carma when you decide to be dishonest when it comes to trading. I shipped a nice Kaepernick Game-Used in Bubble Mailer with tracking and mailer stamped Fragile. Card wasn't damaged, and was mailed on 1 Feb 14. Guy receives the card and says the card is damaged. I wonder once it leaves our hands, does the Post Office actually treat our packages the way they are suppose to? It bothers would bother me, if they didn't. I have another issue now, A Great Member on here sent me my cards in the mail and posted the tracking number. I looked last night to check the status and my card was out for delivery since 12pm MT Time. i was checking this at 6pm, my time after the mail man delivered. Post Office says no new updates on this item. If it doesn't come in today, I will file a claim against the Post Office and I hope someone gets fired. This is ridiculous and this says alot on why the Post Office is having issues.
Quinton Patton's GU and Autos

RE: Post Office Rant
As to the first item, sometimes things do get damaged, and if there was an issue, have the person take out the insurance on it. If you know it went out undamaged, then that's what you got insurance for.

As to your second item, contact USPS about it. Sometimes it gets thrown in a truck and falls out into the side and goes unnoticed. If you bring it to their attention, they typically will investigate where it's at. I've had things that took almost 2 weeks to get here (with 2 day Priority!) but had I not contacted them about it, I don't know if I would have ever gotten them. But, they did eventually get here. Don't file a claim yet, though, have them look into where it's at. I'm to the point now that if I don't see it within 3-4 business days, I automatically email them about it and I usually get it the next day.

I used to live in an apartment next door to the post office loading area. There is very little care when it comes to your postage. Ship in a box, with protection if you want your product as safe as possible. My father and I would watch Sunday mornings when they would load mail from the trucks to the docks. They would literally throw tote fulls of mail from the trucks to the ground, mail would spill, they'd toss, throw, kick, scoot, scrape it in a big hamper looking thing. Head scratching and some wondering occurred...as far as losing stuff, that's solely on the individual who delivers to your address. I've had those probs too.

bojesphob: insurance is the responsibility of the shipper, not the buyer. the sender is absolutely responsible for making sure the card gets there as advertised. if the card is damaged, it is the responsibility of the shipper to make it right

OP: you want someone fired because a card worth 20 dollars goes missing or gets damaged? they handle millions upon millions of packages...things happen.

as far as "out for delivery": sometimes, that just means it didnt get on the morning delivery truck. i wouldnt sweat that at all

Rainbow 
You need to quit smoking what ever it is that you are smoking, lol. Your telling me if you trade a card and you know darn well that you shipped it without damage, and the Post Office damages the package that you sent, you are the one responsible for the damages? So you park your car in front of your house and someone hits it, it is your fault and responsibility to fix it because you parked out in front of your home.Here is a good idea, let's make it manditory for everyone to mail in Bubble Mailers, with USPS Tracking and Insurance required on all trades or purchases. Now that make perfect sense to me.
(02-04-2014, 01:53 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: bojesphob: insurance is the responsibility of the shipper, not the buyer. the sender is absolutely responsible for making sure the card gets there as advertised. if the card is damaged, it is the responsibility of the shipper to make it right

OP: you want someone fired because a card worth 20 dollars goes missing or gets damaged? they handle millions upon millions of packages...things happen.

as far as "out for delivery": sometimes, that just means it didnt get on the morning delivery truck. i wouldnt sweat that at all

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: You need to quit smoking what ever it is that you are smoking, lol. Your telling me if you trade a card and you know darn well that you shipped it without damage, and the Post Office damages the package that you sent, you are the one responsible for the damages?

Well the alternative is that the recipient is somehow responsible - which seems equally if not more silly since they have absolutely ZERO control over the package. At least the shipper has some ability to package in a way to minimize the possibility of damage.

It's not so much that the shipper is responsible for the damage itself - but they are responsible for "making it right" - either by insuring the shipment, replacing the damaged card, offering another card, or returning the card(s) received.

The truth is there isn't a good answer to the problem. The problem comes when people try to equate "fault" with "responsibility". They do not mean the same thing. The damage is clearly the PO's (or more appropriately the PO machinery's) "fault"...but it is and has always been the case that it's the sender's "responsibility" to rectify the fault.

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: So you park your car in front of your house and someone hits it, it is your fault and responsibility to fix it because you parked out in front of your home.
Perfect analogy - it's not your "fault" - but (assuming the person doesn't leave their name/number, etc) it ends up being your "responsibility" to repair the damage - either yourself or through insurance.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: You need to quit smoking what ever it is that you are smoking, lol. Your telling me if you trade a card and you know darn well that you shipped it without damage, and the Post Office damages the package that you sent, you are the one responsible for the damages? So you park your car in front of your house and someone hits it, it is your fault and responsibility to fix it because you parked out in front of your home.Here is a good idea, let's make it manditory for everyone to mail in Bubble Mailers, with USPS Tracking and Insurance required on all trades or purchases. Now that make perfect sense to me.
The bolded part is pretty common knowledge. If you wish to protect YOU then that is how it should ship.

Yes if someone hits your car in your driveway their insurance will cover it. Most times you wont know who hit it and if you just have liability you're boned. It is YOUR responsibility to protect YOUR assets and pay for full coverage JUST like if YOU ship it YOU protect it to cover YOUR interests in it.

Why am I responsible to protect what YOU send me?

If you have issues with the post office then you should buy insurance. Otherwise prepare to eat the losses as it IS your responsibility. This is why they offer it when you BUY postage and not when you pick up the package!

As for the PO people - Do you expect every worker to love their job and take care of millions of packages with delicate fingers? Nieve comes to mind if you think they give a crap about you or your mail. This is why you package securely AND buy insurance! You have insurance on your home dont you? Same can be said about your vehicles? Why do you have insurance on those? Let me guess - In case something happens??? Because its your responsibility??? What a concept - putting insurance on what you send in case something happens! WOW!

As of now you're blaming someone other than yourself and from the tone of your post about honesty and karma you appear to be blaming the other guy as well. Seems to be the norm with your "rants" - Always someone elses fault but yet if you did things properly and not what you THINK is proper you would probably have less rants.

PS - The DC will probably be there tomorrow. Delivered means they scanned it and with a busy schedule it sometimes doesnt make it to you until the next day. I dont like it but I dont blast people trying to do their job as I am more understanding to shortfalls and things happen. My PO Box has a BIG note that says all mail delivered by 11am - half the time it isnt there until 2 or 3pm. I dont get mad I just go later cuz I know they are slammed with packages.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I am just amazed out out of 215 deals I have made, that is including SCF, I have never had an issue with a trade. I was told that the card is creased near the material, The card was in penny sleeve,Top Loader, and Bubble Mailer. Here is the card I mailed.

[Image: KGrHqNokFJGEKuNh7BSUN8DJ2w60_57_zps27b03775.jpg]

This was the Best Card in my collection and I gave it up for 3 Quinton Patton Auto's. I wouldn't send a damaged card and screw anyone. My Collection would be compared a common collection compared to a lot of collections that a lot of people have here. When I am able to purchase cards, I have to be very picky with what I buy, because I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend. I will make it right, but at the end, 2 of us are not going to be happy.

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: You need to quit smoking what ever it is that you are smoking, lol.
that was a perfectly insulting way to express how wrong you are. but go on....

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: Your telling me if you trade a card and you know darn well that you shipped it without damage, and the Post Office damages the package that you sent, you are the one responsible for the damages?
yes, thats what im saying. if you didnt take the time to insure it, you run the risk of damage without coverage. you have the responsibility to the other party to make it right

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: So you park your car in front of your house and someone hits it, it is your fault and responsibility to fix it because you parked out in front of your home.
um, yes, thats the way it works. if you dont have insurance, you would have to pay if they cant find the other driver (this is also dependent on what state, as some states are "no fault" insurance states). if you pay the insurance (like when you send a package), then it is covered by the company you have insurance with (as it is with the post office)

(02-04-2014, 02:25 PM)jywilli69 Wrote: Here is a good idea, let's make it manditory for everyone to mail in Bubble Mailers, with USPS Tracking and Insurance required on all trades or purchases.
most folks ship with bubble mailers and delivery confirmation. i wont trade with anyone who doesnt.

i insure only what i dont want to lose. so, for sales over 100, ill usually insure them, because i dont want to lose 100 dollars

maybe next time, when you respond to me: slow your roll, come with at least a modicum of a respectful tone, and maybe, just maybe, understand that someone else might be right

every time you disagree with me, you come at me fairly personally or at least with an insulting tone. please note that i am not amused by that kind of tactic, especially when im just trying to help you

Is the crease by the R under Kaepernick? Or the N under Pettis?
If you have less than 20 feedback you're sending first.