`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANYONE EVER GET ANYTHING GOOD OUT OF A RIP CARD..CABRERA/TROUT

RE: ANYONE EVER GET ANYTHING GOOD OUT OF A RIP CARD..CABRERA/TROUT
I would either sell it unripped and get more miggy's or keep it unripped and in your personal collection. I have the goldschmidt ripped version and although its cool to have it would rather have an unripped version.
[Image: drdwe0.jpg]

so wait? No scan?
[Image: Exposfan09.jpg]

"Because some men aren't looking for money. They can't be bought, bullied, or reasoned with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Collecting Ryan Zimmerman and Marquis Grissom!

Just rip it. It's still a miggy and will be after it.
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

(11-24-2013, 08:42 PM)tntmclmm Wrote: From one Miggy collector to another don't listen to any of them. There is no way in hell I'd do it. Having the Miggy rip in your PC unripped is way more valuable and desirable.
Austin, this is good advice. Chances are, there's a [Fill in the blank] EXT card ($80) in there. Even after the redemption period ends, your unrippedcard will probably be more valuable than the sum of its contents. It's pretty sweet to have a nice (unripped) /5 rip card. If I were you, I'd keep it as is, mystery intact.

-The only thing I'd consider doing (if I were in your shoes) is selling it so that I could add to my collection. I haven't looked through the completed auctions, but I can't imaging there are too many other $1500 cards in that set.
[Image: 36cc0864-5f8d-4b58-93b8-fdc0967187ff_zps685e4742.jpg]
Always looking for Verlander, Cabrera, Maybin, Mike Stanton (marlins), and Avisail Garcia.
*TRYING TO COMPLETE MY VERLANDER ROOKIE COLLECTION. 44/47. ONLY 3 TO GO!*

(11-24-2013, 10:10 PM)uvaspina Wrote: Austin, this is good advice. Chances are, there's a [Fill in the blank] EXT card ($80) in there. Even after the redemption period ends, your unrippedcard will probably be more valuable than the sum of its contents. It's pretty sweet to have a nice (unripped) /5 rip card. If I were you, I'd keep it as is, mystery intact.

-The only thing I'd consider doing (if I were in your shoes) is selling it so that I could add to my collection. I haven't looked through the completed auctions, but I can't imaging there are too many other $1500 cards in that set.
true i like your thinking...but the only one that id really like to get if i ripped it that i saw listed in the checklist was the 1 of 1 mini dual auto relic of cabrera and ripken jr
Miguel Cabrera SUPER COLLECTOR in the works!!!!
[Image: MiguelCabrera8.jpg]

(11-24-2013, 10:53 PM)a_swanger Wrote: true i like your thinking...but the only one that id really like to get if i ripped it that i saw listed in the checklist was the 1 of 1 mini dual auto relic of cabrera and ripken jr
.... And the chances of THAT card being hidden inside ... Slim:none.
Like I said, I have two that will remain unripped. It's like having an unopened box. It maintains a certain value, for what it is. If you open it, the value drops ... Unless you pull a superstar ... I don't like my chances. I'll keep my Trout /10 intact ... For now.
With my luck, Topps forgot to put a card inside and I'd open it to find nothing Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.