`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake or No?

Fake or No?
hello all. i recently got a card today in the mail and went to my local lcs to have it checked out. asked him the question, is this card fake or reprint. well he looked it over carefully, and he told me that the card was fake. to glossy he said. i couldnt believe it. i was like, well i wanna second opinion. didnt say it to his face of course.
so my question to all out there is, how can u tell? much help would be appreciated. thanks
(10-18-2013, 02:51 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: hello all. i recently got a card today in the mail and went to my local lcs to have it checked out. asked him the question, is this card fake or reprint. well he looked it over carefully, and he told me that the card was fake. to glossy he said. i couldnt believe it. i was like, well i wanna second opinion. didnt say it to his face of course.
so my question to all out there is, how can u tell? much help would be appreciated. thanks
sorry. forgot to add the pics.
[Image: 3586d2b1-5047-41e9-b63a-7ce7434b1b7c_zpse9f57ca7.jpg]
[Image: 0de2c91f-827c-4aa5-960b-8e454f32a55b_zpsbca6ffdb.jpg]

RE: Fake or No?
Probably a picture would help.
Doesn't look like a reprint to me although corners and edges look pretty sharp for a card that's as old as I am.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I think it would depend on the year/card etc. in determining if it was fake. I forgot the exact website but I found it through this forum, but anyway they did a complete breakdown on fakes of iconic cards (52 mantle etc... and other cards) and gave a general breakdown as well. I'm sure someone on this forum will have the specifics.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

only way i'd say you could really know is to send it off for grading and authentication

yeah thats what i was thinking as well. i mean the card is so nice besides the stains. and i hate to send it back to the trader and find out its real. thanks

(10-18-2013, 03:15 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: yeah thats what i was thinking as well. i mean the card is so nice besides the stains. and i hate to send it back to the trader and find out its real. thanks
Glad you received your card!
Hey snappy look in my Mantle thread someone posted the link in there. Or maybe it's in my Mays thread. But it's in there.

yeah just got it this morning and went to have it checked out. my lcs guy doesnt believe it real. i am looking for a second opinion. the only other way would be to send it in for grading. still looking for other ways. thaks

(10-18-2013, 03:22 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: yeah just got it this morning and went to have it checked out. my lcs guy doesnt believe it real. i am looking for a second opinion. the only other way would be to send it in for grading. still looking for other ways. thaks
Not trying to be pest just wanted to make sure you got it.

sweet card if it is real, you know what they say if it looks to good to be true, it probably is......
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

1959 Topps article
http://www.psacardfacts.com/Hierarchy.aspx?c=173