`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake or No?

RE: Fake or No?
(10-18-2013, 04:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: okay, im going to give my two cents here:

of course, mthsgrg32 is a send first since he is new. however, im going to say it: anything high end he has is doubtful. the mays was guaranteed to be a archives card (and it was), and im not surprised in the least that the mantle was a fake.

im not saying mthsgrg32 is dishonest. not at all. i do believe - this isnt an insult - that mthsgrg32 is fairly uneducated about cards, and i dont believe that mthsgrg32 would have anything high end to trade for in the collection he has

again, i dont think mthsgrg32 is trying to get over on folks, but i think any trade for something high end would be dubious at best

im really trying to emphasize this: im not saying he is a bad trader. just know what kind of collection your traders have access to in comparison to any kind of high end card they might claim to have. it's a good rule of thumb for any trader, but especially one just getting back or new to the hobby
Remember I had two Mays and I didn't question your opinion on that called. Thats why I posted the photos on here to ask for yall opinions. So folks saw I was asking about the card before I even sent it out. No way am I mad for you giving your opinion now because you do know more about cards than me. With that said yes I am uneducated when it comes to older cards. I very honesty. So hope this don't ruin my reputation as a trader.

Sucks that it's fake....but after he posted the Archives Mays card thinking it was real, and then this one, I kinda saw it coming. Good thing you safeguarded yourself and had him send first. I don't think he's a bad trader, but people should know to be cautious.

Seems like a good dude. Definitely not here to scam anyone, but definitely new to the hobby!

Have a topps ripken rc and an 89 griffey incoming from him. Hopefully they're solid
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.
Other Players: Luis Ortiz Jr., Rowdy Tellez, Touki Toussaint

(10-18-2013, 05:20 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Seems like a good dude. Definitely not here to scam anyone, but definitely new to the hobby!

Have a topps ripken rc and an 89 griffey incoming from him. Hopefully they're solid
Thanks man. I can guarantee you they are in TOP shape!
Also I sent your out the same time I sent snappyjoe.

Cool. Hopefully they arrive today. My mailman is disabled so some days he skips a block or five when delivering.
PC Players: Alex Bregman and Christian Yelich. Looking for any and every I don't have.

Further hi-jacking the thread... Just wanted to say that msthgrg's 89 upper deck griffey and ripken rc involved in our trade arrived and they were exactly as represented in the pics he sent me prior to the trade.

Your cards will go out on Monday buddy. I'll throw in some extras of current players etc. to help welcome you to the hobby and help you get started quicker.

(10-18-2013, 07:14 PM)petillo64 Wrote: Further hi-jacking the thread... Just wanted to say that msthgrg's 89 upper deck griffey and ripken rc involved in our trade arrived and they were exactly as represented in the pics he sent me prior to the trade.

Your cards will go out on Monday buddy. I'll throw in some extras of current players etc. to help welcome you to the hobby and help you get started quicker.
Great thanks man. So happy yall got yall cards. Again sorry Snappyjoe for the fake card.

(10-18-2013, 04:36 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: no problem. here is another image that i took as well. i guess for future ref. the one on the left and middle are true 59's. the right is the Mantle. thanks
[Image: Scan0152_zpse492f548.jpg]
This was my first clue to it possibly being fake, the back of the card is too white all 59's that I have seen are a dull color on the back.

[Image: TotallySports.png]
Collecting Steven Jackson, Sam Bradford, Peyton Manning, Derek Jeter,Andre Ethier, Clayton Kershaw, Rickey Henderson, Kobe Bryant
http://s992.photobucket.com/user/datsyukguy/library/

some of the cards in 59 have white backs. From Breckett "Cards 199 to 286 exist with either white or gray backs. There is no price differential for either colored back."

Just wondering. Does the cardstock of that Mantle feel thin?
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(10-18-2013, 09:44 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: some of the cards in 59 have white backs. From Breckett "Cards 199 to 286 exist with either white or gray backs. There is no price differential for either colored back."
He said the card is fake because he compared it to one he already had. Not questioning his judgment. I just feel bad because I THOUGHT I had the real deal. No way am I that type of person and glad some folks backed me up. I would still like to know from a professional expert like Snappy said himself.