Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake or No?

RE: Fake or No?
well all, looked through this org and found an article on determining fakes:
Opacity: Opacity is measured by the amount of light that shines through an item, or the 'see through' effect.

so after reading this, i did a little experiment on my own. i had a 59 ray moore card. exactly the same coloring. held it up to the lite. then i held up the mantle up to the lite. well, lets just say that i got my answer. here are the pics. thanks
[Image: mickeymantlefake2_zps3f669fb6.jpg]
[Image: mickeymantlefake1_zps483ccf31.jpg]
[Image: mickeymantlefake3_zps3aba9339.jpg]

(10-18-2013, 03:42 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: well all, looked through this org and found an article on determining fakes:
Opacity: Opacity is measured by the amount of light that shines through an item, or the 'see through' effect.

so after reading this, i did a little experiment on my own. i had a 59 ray moore card. exactly the same coloring. held it up to the lite. then i held up the mantle up to the lite. well, lets just say that i got my answer. here are the pics. thanks
[Image: mickeymantlefake2_zps3f669fb6.jpg]
[Image: mickeymantlefake1_zps483ccf31.jpg]
[Image: mickeymantlefake3_zps3aba9339.jpg]
So your conclusion is you think it's fake?

ouch...

fakerssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! that sucks
Looking mostly for HOF players.....game used, rc, #D, autos, and mike Schmidt autos and game used

[Image: image_zpsd3640c04.jpg]

Man that sucks!! You didn't send your end out did you??

(10-18-2013, 03:53 PM)Neifert Wrote: Man that sucks!! You didn't send your end out did you??
No he didn't and if he did I would definitely sent it back to him. Don't want folks to think I purposely send out bad cards.

guys wanna clear things up. but i did not send out on my end. mthsgrg32 and i had an agreement that i would have it checked out. he by far not at fault, imo, for the card. i did some research as well on hear from a forum that i read. that is how i did the test. it worked out perfect that the card i used had the same background and color as the Mantle. now i may be wrong on the way i performed the test, but i did it the same way that was described in the article that i read. like i said, i am not an expert, but the card speaks for itself. thanks all.

(10-18-2013, 04:18 PM)snappyjoe75 Wrote: guys wanna clear things up. but i did not send out on my end. mthsgrg32 and i had an agreement that i would have it checked out. he by far not at fault, imo, for the card. i did some research as well on hear from a forum that i read. that is how i did the test. it worked out perfect that the card i used had the same background and color as the Mantle. now i may be wrong on the way i performed the test, but i did it the same way that was described in the article that i read. like i said, i am not an expert, but the card speaks for itself. thanks all.
Thanks appreciate your kind words!

no problem. here is another image that i took as well. i guess for future ref. the one on the left and middle are true 59's. the right is the Mantle. thanks
[Image: Scan0152_zpse492f548.jpg]

okay, im going to give my two cents here:

of course, mthsgrg32 is a send first since he is new. however, im going to say it: anything high end he has is doubtful. the mays was guaranteed to be a archives card (and it was), and im not surprised in the least that the mantle was a fake.

im not saying mthsgrg32 is dishonest. not at all. i do believe - this isnt an insult - that mthsgrg32 is fairly uneducated about cards, and i dont believe that mthsgrg32 would have anything high end to trade for in the collection he has

again, i dont think mthsgrg32 is trying to get over on folks, but i think any trade for something high end would be dubious at best

im really trying to emphasize this: im not saying he is a bad trader. just know what kind of collection your traders have access to in comparison to any kind of high end card they might claim to have. it's a good rule of thumb for any trader, but especially one just getting back or new to the hobby