`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cost per card to grade

RE: cost per card to grade
(08-27-2013, 01:16 AM)jase22 Wrote: i am new to this and would be very happy with any advice/feedback! i have over 300(between1950-2013) baseball, football, basketball, and nascar cards and the cheapest cards are between $10-$20 all the way up to $800-$1200 and the autograph cards hard saying. i really need (but hate too) to sell them to cover over $10,000 in medical bills for my kid . if it were you what advice would help me sale them. i'm ignorant on grading cards and what the best/cheapest price to grade them and what steps would you take(websites, places to sell the cards after they're graded, etc..) if you were in my shoes? thank you so much for taking the time to read this and comment!! have a great day!!
OK...I'm trying to give you honest advise. First it would help to know how you decided on the value of your collection? You can pickup a price guide or subscribe online to one like Beckett but that would be a general guideline. I find that most of the time what a price guide says a card is worth and what someone is willing to pay for a card are different. It would take some work on your part but maybe look for your cards in similar condition on ebay and see what they are selling for. That would be step one.
Then as mentioned, if the card is a newer card many times you can sell it for more ungraded unless it comes in with a top grade. So unless you are pretty confident of a 9.5 on a newer card you may be able to sell for less ungraded.
For vintage is differnt because they are much harder to find in good condition. Generally and older card graded NM or BVG 7 would sell for more than an ungraded card. But it really all depends.
Also, you have to consider the popularity of the card.....not the skill of the player. Some players are hot and you can get a premium for a hot player or a hot card brand...others not so much.
I recommend doing some research first, try to see what your cards are selling for on the open market....then you will have a much better idea what to expect.
http://s1147.photobucket.com/albums/o558/dmasci/
Always looking for BGS or BVG graded cards for HOFers....especially the skilled positions.

[Image: DmasciBanner.jpg]