`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
23 high end auto and serial number card submitted. Long time PSA first time BGS

23 high end auto and serial number card submitted. Long time PSA first time BGS
I sent in my recent nfl autos to try out bgs. Twenty day service, cards left yesterday. I wanted to wait for the grades but it is kinda hard when they are RIGHT THERE on the email that your cards are done. Cmon, fix this issue, I understand people wanting to see, I wanted it to be a surprise. You have to scroll down past all the grades lol!
Now to the service, service is a ten. Order was on time, contact was above and beyond with us. We even had a problem where the submission form was Mia and they emailed me and figured it out. The customer service girl was terrific all the way. Anyone who says they have poor service I have to disagree.

Now the grades. I did send a note along with the submission do not grade anything below a nine, I did not mind paying if it wasn't graded. All in all 9) 9.5s and 11) 9s
One 9.5 got a nine on the auto which I am not happy about but it happens. Three did not qualify including a 2013 score luck red Foil #d12/25.
The one that chaps me is a Geno Smith elite red inscriptions acetate got a 9/9 auto. I have seen many of these cards come out 9.5 , pristine and PSA ten so I liked my chances. I see what others are getting on similar cards and the inconsistencies have me a bit sour with knowing grading is a crap shoot for the layman.
Just for giggles last night I searched bgs beckett pristine closed auctions and was certainly intrigued by the amount a couple sellers consistently sold. I had no intention of getting a 10,however the bgs 9/9 on the inscriptions had me thinking.
I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but this does not look good for the layman Makes me reconsider sending this next box of high end autos for grading what are your thoughts?

RE: 23 high end auto and serial number card submitted. Long time PSA first time BGS
My thoughts are acetate cards are hit and miss. Did you clean them before submitting them and my real question is how many did the others send in to get 10s and how many times? Does the auto run of the sticker? Or, more importantly, does it have streaks? I never base my "wishes" on what others have gotten simply because I do not know the circumstances that they sent under. Did they send in 20 cards to get 3 10's? Did they clean each one? Did the 3 10's come back 9.5's with 9 surface grades only to be broken out, cleaned and resubmitted?
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

RE: 23 high end auto and serial number card submitted. Long time PSA first time BGS
(08-29-2013, 08:47 AM)branesergen Wrote: My thoughts are acetate cards are hit and miss. Did you clean them before submitting them and my real question is how many did the others send in to get 10s and how many times? Does the auto run of the sticker? Or, more importantly, does it have streaks? I never base my "wishes" on what others have gotten simply because I do not know the circumstances that they sent under. Did they send in 20 cards to get 3 10's? Did they clean each one? Did the 3 10's come back 9.5's with 9 surface grades only to be broken out, cleaned and resubmitted?
Very, very good assessment, Doc!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

Appreciate the feedback, anything is possible. However I will be watching the patterns of sales by these "sellers" and will not be afraid to call a spade a spade. I am going look over mine when they come.
I am also watching similar pristine listings to try and collect samples.

I saw a 10 pristine Geno Smith gold auto bowman sell the other day that the centering was so far off it was not even close.

Mike, any way you could load some scans when you get them back?

This site could use some a spade is a spade comments again....
[Image: DEAN%20SMITH%20MICHAEL%20JORDAN%20BANNER...qrwcus.jpg]

I certainly will, thanks guys