IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
CARDS101 (12 people and counting)

RE: CARDS101 (12 people and counting)
i would be willing to send him funds so he can afford DC

Hopefully I convinced him to tell his parents- he said he would tell them.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(06-11-2013, 12:18 PM)floydtown Wrote: Hopefully I convinced him to tell his parents- he said he would tell them.
Thanks for the great job! Really didn't want to push it as it was only about 1 - 1 1/2 weeks and sometimes mail is slow. Good thing I don't have anything of value to trade (lol). Anyway, appreciate your diligence in following up.

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Floydtown -- are you able to cancel a trade? I can't do it because he marked his end shipped...

unfortunately no- I will see if I can get him to leave + feedback so u can close
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

I have been talking with him extensively thru our trade, he seems quite frightened about the idea of cops coming to his house as he's already been in some sort of trouble.

He claims he needs the addresses to return the cards. Floydtown, can you provide him instructions with how to view the invoices so he knows who to return things to and at what address?
Mike Piazza supercollector: 4,267 different Beckett items
Also collecting John Franco, Eric Karros, Al Leiter, Brandon Nimmo, Todd Pratt, Robin Ventura, Turk Wendell, and Todd Zeile

Wow is this another jakelovescards?

Edit: I just read all the posts. Sounds like everyone handled this well. It's sad that its a kid. He likely has little source to collect and does this thinking he can build a collection. I'm guessing a valuable life lesson may have been taught by all you guys. He am think twice before thinking the Internet is a hiding place. Anyone dealing on the Internet is able to be tracked.

I hope it all ends with a lesson learned and nothing more. I hate to see a young man screw his life up at a young age. My sons is 13 too. If he did this I'd be sure he learned from it. I hope this young mans parents do the same.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

RE: CARDS101 (11 people and counting)
(06-11-2013, 11:33 AM)Phillies_Joe Wrote: Lesson learned: listen to my gut.
Some of the best advice that can ever be given for any situation.

(06-11-2013, 11:20 AM)Christiem Wrote: I completed a trade with him on May 17th, but got a weird vibe from him. I decided to wait to receive his cards before sending. Once I told him that, he tried to intimidate me to go ahead and send the cards. I knew then that I would never see those cards. I contacted the moderator, because I was concerned that he had ripped off other people and I'm sad to see I was right.
My own personal opinion is that people who try to intimidate others over trading cards either 1) are trying to scam you or 2) need to get away from the hobby for a bit and go experience the world. Should I ever run into that, the message will just go right to the mods.

Hope the kid learns his lesson. Now I'm going to be more cautious with trading on here because of him.

Kids these days, they think they can do whatever thay want and there be no repercussions. Its a crying shame really.