`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stop It PANINI!!

RE: Stop It PANINI!!
(04-11-2013, 01:32 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: i am absolutely convinced that all jersey cards are complete junk and should just go away.
I tend to agree. Not much difference to me if someone fakes a nice patch (except price) vs a company that knowingly puts the wrong jersey, player jersey or number on a player.

I liked Topps until they went over the top w/ all the parallels of the same card ( different colors) and started doing patches in Chrome.

I've stopped buying fancy patch cards unless it is of a veteran or legend. It seems a guy like Adrian Peterson would have more interesting patches in his second year in the NFL. After all, these cards have patches from games actually played in his rookie year!

I won't be opening products like NT or 5-Star any more for the very reasons mentioned by the OP.

FYI, look at some of the nice Veteran and Legends cards coming out a much Cheaper product like Certified. If only the autos were on card!

yeah! what they all said!!! but in the end, i highly doubt they're going to change. it's a loop hole that all the companies exploit. i'd rather just have rookie premiere's where they just sign items as opposed to having a player wear a bogus jersey then claim it was player worn. it was a good gimmick maybe three or four years ago, but it's really wearing thin now.

the sad part about all of this is that products such as national treasures are soooooo late coming out that you would think that they could get actual jersey and patch swatches to use.

(04-11-2013, 01:47 PM)bojesphob Wrote: I missed a lot of the collecting for jerseys and patches, as I didn't really collect all that much from about 1998-2004 (college and a few years after). I've got a few from back when they were game worn, mainly Brett Favres, and just started getting ones from recently.

That being said, I like the game used stuff, if it's game used, but I also don't mind the rookie premiere stuff. Whether they are game used or not doesn't matter to me, as long as they don't try to sell them off as such, and that I'm under no impression that the player used them. And, I guess, that the values should reflect the fact that they aren't game used. But, some of them are extremely cool cards (like the TJ Graham auto acrylic jersey card from Playbook that I got), real jerseys or not. If they are trying to say they are real jerseys worn in real games, that's not cool in my book, but if they come out and say they were Rookie Premiere, or event worn, or just "this wasn't worn by the player", I'm ok with that, as long as they aren't selling for the same amount as what they would if they were GU. Now, if you're buying NT or Playbook or another high end product, I'd think they'd want to use game worn, since that's a premium product.

Maybe I'm not normal in that respect. As long as the autos are real that I get (and I know there are times that they may or may not be), I'm happy.

I understand still liking them because some of them look cool game used or event worn. Thats what a lot of people did including myself for awhile. But what they are doing now is a bit different. Before they were at least still event worn and patches of that players name and number. But now they are letters and numbers not relevant to the players. Like Michael Floyd. He doesnt have R's and O's in his last name yet these nameplate patches have them. And he also doesnt wear number 88 yet his cards have those patches. That is complete BS and laziness and to come out of a $600 a pack product is garbage. I just honestly dont see any reason what so ever to believe that these were ever even worn by the player. Especially when they gave the reason they did for the Osweiler I mentioned originally. It obviously wasnt just him because all the rcs have these patches and saying he wore a Thomas jersey is probably false because all these players have 88 patches on them.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

I'm with bojesphob. I really don't care all that much. I like the patches for the aesthetics in the card, my desire for the patch cards doesn't depend on whether they were worn in a game or whether it has the player's specific number or name on it. I purchased actual game used and signed gloves from a couple players, game used/signed cleats and gloves from others etc. The cards I just like because they look cool, but I don't care all that much about event worn/game worn etc. That's only when I buy the full items, and those are when I actually care that it is the real deal. But to insist that the 1 inch square representing 0.5% of a jersey that they stuck in my card is from a legitimately game worn item? No, I wouldn't be completely outraged if it is event worn, or has an "88" on it, or the full jersey spelled out "rookie" for the name or whatever. The legitimacy of the autos is really all I care about.

(04-11-2013, 01:28 PM)mrdub Wrote: your gunna love their 30 days of 1/1's auctions they are doing then.
yeah, that "pylon" orange prizm garbage 1/1 auction cards... Panini sucks... what a way to bone the collector...

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2013/...ion-block/
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Only way I'd get in on those 1/1s would be if the proceeds went to charity.

(04-11-2013, 01:26 PM)geddon81 Wrote: guess im only gonna be trading for older stuff from now on lol. pretty much trying to get rid of all my Panini stuff anyways, im sticking with topps for the most part.
topps is doing the same thing they just have screwed up nearly as bad as panini has been. if you look at the rookie 1/1 nfl shields from topps they are from last years reebok uniforms not the nike uniforms that they wear this year. i have yet to see the right nfl shield in any topps products. topps also has said that when they run out of the players own jerseys, they have them wear another players jersey so they have enough "player worn" jerseys for that rookie. both card companies are scewing collectors with this even worn bs.

(04-11-2013, 03:49 PM)auntjamymahhhh Wrote: topps is doing the same thing they just have screwed up nearly as bad as panini has been. if you look at the rookie 1/1 nfl shields from topps they are from last years reebok uniforms not the nike uniforms that they wear this year. i have yet to see the right nfl shield in any topps products. topps also has said that when they run out of the players own jerseys, they have them wear another players jersey so they have enough "player worn" jerseys for that rookie. both card companies are scewing collectors with this even worn bs.
oh wow, i guess ill have to stand corrected on that issue then. i knew there was a reason i just wanted to collect base rookies and refractors lol. well this pretty much helps me make that choice easier. thanks for the insight.
[Image: LqvsVQD.png]

I am SOOO glad people are starting to realize this! I absolutely hate Panini for this reason. I pray one day people will just stop spending their hard earned money to get ripped off. I love Russell Wilson.....but there are SOOO many cards with those damn "8" patches, and patches that definitely came off jerseys which he definitely didnt wear. And this is just the beginning. We wont even get into REDEMPTIONS lol....

"Thank you for spending your money with us....you will get your autos sometime in the next year.....if ever"

But yeah....I refuse to buy any type of Panini product. This kind of stuff is what really has driven me away from collecting. Ive never liked Topps, but nowadays I only like the idea of refractors, and at least occasional live autos in some products....lol..... I would definitely love to see people start blowing up Paninis site, Twitter, etc.

.....end rant

[Image: Seahawks-1.jpg]

(04-11-2013, 06:04 PM)dublup Wrote: I am SOOO glad people are starting to realize this! I absolutely hate Panini for this reason. I pray one day people will just stop spending their hard earned money to get ripped off. I love Russell Wilson.....but there are SOOO many cards with those damn "8" patches, and patches that definitely came off jerseys which he definitely didnt wear. And this is just the beginning. We wont even get into REDEMPTIONS lol....

"Thank you for spending your money with us....you will get your autos sometime in the next year.....if ever"

But yeah....I refuse to buy any type of Panini product. This kind of stuff is what really has driven me away from collecting. Ive never liked Topps, but nowadays I only like the idea of refractors, and at least occasional live autos in some products....lol..... I would definitely love to see people start blowing up Paninis site, Twitter, etc.

.....end rant
Oh were blowing it up haha. Some of us have been making rants on youtube and leaving them our thoughts on their youtube videos in the comments. Their dislike bars are much larger than their like bars on their recent vids of them busting these boxes. I tried calling them today and got the machine every time. I bet their getting an earfull from collectors.

[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/