Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Stop It PANINI!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So we all know we get rc premiere worn stuff all year long as every rc wears 15,000 jerseys for 1 second at the premiere. But in Limited this year we start seeing jumbo patches of numbers that arent even on the players jersey. Namely Brock Osweiler with the number 8. Panini said they had him wear Demaryius Thomas jerseys because they ran out of Osweiler ones. Hmmm, okay. So now we get an event used Thomas patch on an Osweiler card, awesome. But now NT comes out and completely blows all this BS away. The rc booklets have all the wrong letters and numbers on them. Not only the wrong letters, but they all seem to be the exact same letters. I believe the nameplate spells out "ROOKIE" and all the numbers are "88." So now their whole explanation before on the Osweiler is a complete load of crap. Its quite obvious they did this for all the rcs this year and using the number 88 gets them the most patch pieces for cards as its the most complete number. But do we as collectors deserve getting nameplates that dont even spell out the players last name especially in a product that cost $600? We get a fake nameplate, a fake number, on a jersey that is only event worn if even worn at all that has absolutely nothing to do with the player that is on the card. You buy the cards because you like the players and would expect there to be some correlation between the player and the contents on the card but apparently Panini doesnt think so. On top of all this, a ton of these jerseys are still Reebok even though the switch over to Nike happened before the Rc Premiere. Anybody seeing the problem here? First of the premiere is still a problem but we are being taken advantage of by card companies. They feed us crap because we keep accepting it. Anybody going to quit supporting them for doing this? If we dont their just going to keep doing it and we will continue to be disapointed year after year. They need to know they are not making their customers happy.
Seconded! Not much we can do but stop buying their product.
I have quit collecting because of this very thing
guess im only gonna be trading for older stuff from now on lol. pretty much trying to get rid of all my Panini stuff anyways, im sticking with topps for the most part.
(04-11-2013, 01:22 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: [ -> ]Seconded! Not much we can do but stop buying their product.
And leaving comments on the twitter, facebook, youtube videos, and answering machine. I really hope everybody lets them know how they feel about being treated this way.
your gunna love their 30 days of 1/1's auctions they are doing then.
(04-11-2013, 01:26 PM)rogue655 Wrote: [ -> ]I have quit collecting because of this very thing
I quit buying patches because of this.
(04-11-2013, 01:26 PM)geddon81 Wrote: [ -> ]guess im only gonna be trading for older stuff from now on lol. pretty much trying to get rid of all my Panini stuff anyways, im sticking with topps for the most part.
I pretty much stick to vet stuff now too. Other than autos that is.
i am absolutely convinced that all jersey cards are complete junk and should just go away.
(04-11-2013, 01:28 PM)nthnoak Wrote: [ -> ]I pretty much stick to vet stuff now too. Other than autos that is.
heh, the way panini seems to be going i wouldnt doubt if they made a stencil of an autograph for someone else to sign the card just to help get them ready for packaging.

Panini needs to go to be honest, i find their products overpriced and truly boring and half of their hits i seem to get are freaking redemptions.

We need Topps ,especially Uppder Deck to step up their game and put Panini in the crapper, and they can take weak arse donruss with them lol. Always hated Donruss lol.

I missed a lot of the collecting for jerseys and patches, as I didn't really collect all that much from about 1998-2004 (college and a few years after). I've got a few from back when they were game worn, mainly Brett Favres, and just started getting ones from recently.

That being said, I like the game used stuff, if it's game used, but I also don't mind the rookie premiere stuff. Whether they are game used or not doesn't matter to me, as long as they don't try to sell them off as such, and that I'm under no impression that the player used them. And, I guess, that the values should reflect the fact that they aren't game used. But, some of them are extremely cool cards (like the TJ Graham auto acrylic jersey card from Playbook that I got), real jerseys or not. If they are trying to say they are real jerseys worn in real games, that's not cool in my book, but if they come out and say they were Rookie Premiere, or event worn, or just "this wasn't worn by the player", I'm ok with that, as long as they aren't selling for the same amount as what they would if they were GU. Now, if you're buying NT or Playbook or another high end product, I'd think they'd want to use game worn, since that's a premium product.

Maybe I'm not normal in that respect. As long as the autos are real that I get (and I know there are times that they may or may not be), I'm happy.
Pages: 1 2 3 4