`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Talk me into it or talk me out of it please...

RE: Talk me into it or talk me out of it please...
since when does being a fan of one team mean you can't collect a player from another ???

Matty would be fun to collect, he does have a good career ahead of him Smile

If not collect a series of cards (like FOTG's or something like that)..... same fun, same chase, and you're not spending all your $$$ on someone who could be a bust Sad

I agree with Pbean. I would maybe opt for a set rather than another player. Or even make yourself a team collector and pick up a few cards of each new dolphins rc every year. Find your favorite sets they make each season and buy the dolphins players out of each one? Unless you really like Ryan but personally I don't really see the ceiling getting any bigger for Ryan. Last year they said he was suppose to be great, he wasn't. Now their saying the same thing so who really knows. I think the prices for his big time rc cards are way too high right now for what he's been doing. With that said, if he does do good, I can't see them getting much higher.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

Im honestly SHOCKED that so many think Matt Ryan isnt very good. You are making me want to collect him even more now lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I'd say its up to you ultimately. I tried this as well. I collected a few guys i like in college and then ultimately they end up going by the wayside.
What i have done is change up my Collection a bit and give myself projects. My current project and always ongoing is to get at least 1 auto of EVERY player to play 1 down for the dolphins. This is not as easy as it sounds. Working on getting pack certified then TTM then purchasing.

I have other ideas and as a fellow dolphins fan can help you out. Good luck either way.
Collecting Dolphins, PSU Alumni(in college uni)
[Image: catch.gif]

Like my Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/PHsportscards?ref=tn_tnmn

(08-29-2012, 06:30 PM)mcleodfive Wrote: Honestely I would go with Tannehill being a phins fan like you. For one the #1 picks being QB's for them is well DAN FREAKIN MARINO and bob griese....
I'm with mcleodfive....he's a gamer..plays for y'all and has a super Vision of the field and makes the plays...
LIKE him
Smile
might collect him after reading this..lmao................JK....mabye
Wink
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Alright bman. I think it's about time LL4 throws his opinion in the ring.

I think everyone that has posted so far, has made some valid points. I have gone thru this dilemma a few times myself. Rookies & young stars are a lil tricky to collect imo. I know that you'll be collecting this "new guy" whomever he may be, for pc purposes and the sake of collecting and not for future stock or resale value. My advice would be, if you want to collect another guy for pc purposes, collect a guy from your second fav team (if you have one), or collect a former hurricanes player since UM is ur college squad. Even tho they've been in the league for a while, you could still start a sweet Gore, Andre Johnson, Jimmy Graham, McGahee, or Edge pc. Or jus buy sweet cards of former canes.

In my case, I still collect all my Packers, but my main focus is Favre, but I'm also collecting Rodgers & Starr. As for my side pc guys, I am a Wisconsin fan (Ron Dayne) and I also like UNC, mainly for college bball, but I love Peppers & Hakeem Nicks too, so I started side pc's of those guys, but only collect rare Peppers patches & rare Nicks autos.

All I can say is, collect what makes YOU happy, regardless of whether the value of the guy will increase or decrease over the years. And if all else fails, collect a HOFer.

Hope this helps!
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

Look, Ryan is a solid QB, but he has to go through New Orleans. If you want a solid young stud, collect Jimmy Graham.

I had the same problem when I was busting butt on the DT PC. All this time, money and effort spent and possibly nothing to show for it. Sure its a hobby and its supposed to be fun but who really wants to spend 10k a year and have 1k to show for it? I had this same discussion with a friend of mine and we discussed what I liked and why. In the end my Manning PC was born. And even tho his stuff is semi expensive its been the most fun so far. My Magic set was a total blast until I found 2 tools who are just jacking up the prices on the SP's and I've been discouraged from buying them. With Manning I may spend a little more but if something happens and I have to sell them, I'll get atleast 90% of what I put into them. My vote is stick with Marino. Make it fun, its something you know will never go down in value and there is a ton of cards you need to get plus you already have a bunch. Ryan is still too early for me to judge. I thought he was going to be good but he hasnt proven anything yet. As for Tanne - well I just dont think a receiver from A & M is gonna cut it in the NFL as QB with no one to mentor him thats worth a flip. But I'm also a Longhorns fan so kinda dislike anything from A & M lol
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(08-29-2012, 08:42 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: Alright bman. I think it's about time LL4 throws his opinion in the ring.

I think everyone that has posted so far, has made some valid points. I have gone thru this dilemma a few times myself. Rookies & young stars are a lil tricky to collect imo. I know that you'll be collecting this "new guy" whomever he may be, for pc purposes and the sake of collecting and not for future stock or resale value. My advice would be, if you want to collect another guy for pc purposes, collect a guy from your second fav team (if you have one), or collect a former hurricanes player since UM is ur college squad. Even tho they've been in the league for a while, you could still start a sweet Gore, Andre Johnson, Jimmy Graham, McGahee, or Edge pc. Or jus buy sweet cards of former canes.

In my case, I still collect all my Packers, but my main focus is Favre, but I'm also collecting Rodgers & Starr. As for my side pc guys, I am a Wisconsin fan (Ron Dayne) and I also like UNC, mainly for college bball, but I love Peppers & Hakeem Nicks too, so I started side pc's of those guys, but only collect rare Peppers patches & rare Nicks autos.

All I can say is, collect what makes YOU happy, regardless of whether the value of the guy will increase or decrease over the years. And if all else fails, collect a HOFer.

Hope this helps!
I'm with LL4 on just about everything he said. No, really, substitute out Washington for Wisconsin and I don't like Peppers or Nicks. Otherwise, everything. Smile

The thing about the college guys is it doesn't matter where they play pro ball. You will always be rooting for them (well, except for Jets or Pats, of course). And it doesn't matter if they get traded from the Saints to the Chiefs and then sign with the Vikings.

I would also like to say, collecting a young star player these days can be stressful. So many big money sets and everything is autographed. I've dumped a ton of $$ into Jake Locker already, but the thing for me is I won't be super mad if he goes into the tank or gets injured or traded to another team because I'll still collect him. Not because I think he's on track to the HOF but because we went to the same school.

Or for Matt Ryan money might as well collect someone good who might actually win multiple Super Bowls and make the HOF, like Aaron Rodgers. Big Grin
[Image: UWashBanner2.jpg]
Banner by mattfastiggi
Collecting: Brett Favre (7,771 unique as of 6/1/2015), Packers, UW Huskies (Shaq Thompson, Shelton, Peters, Kikaha, Sankey, ASJ, Trufant, Locker, Brunell, Dillon, etc.)

As for me, I think Matt Ryan will be a very good player in time. I dont know how good the falcons will be, but i think julio jones will be a good target for him. And for the top 100 list, the fact Tebow is on the list makes it a joke Smile .

For me Ive had season tickets to UofM games since I was 5 so no matter how good they become in the NFL, Ill always love them. Thats way I collect Mike Hart. He never really got a chance in the NFL, but I will always like him. Plus his cards are cheap. So I think you just pick whatever will make you happy
I collect Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, and Former Michigan Wolverines

[Image: th_445.jpg]