`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Talk me into it or talk me out of it please...

Talk me into it or talk me out of it please...
Ok the last month and a half I have slowed my trading and buying to a stand still virtually. Ive gone back and forth with what I want to collect and as all of you know there are millions of options out there and this is the one Im leaning towards...(gf is on board as well thank GOD!!! lmao)

I want to collect someone in the here and now. I will still add what I can of my team and my top PC guys but I want to start a ONE player PC of a young guy who is on the path to the hall of fame. I also want to collect a guy that I can root for each week for the next 10 years who is also on a team I wouldnt mind watching win the next 3 Super Bowls. Hence this player will not be a Jets or Pats player lol.

The guy Im really leaning toward is Matt Ryan a.k.a. Matty Ice. I think he is a top notch QB who hasnt won the big playoff game a la Tony Romo. He was great in college and has been more than solid in the NFL. He is surrounded by weapons offensively and plays in a dome at least 9 times a year. I also like what he says in interviews and I enjoy his passion on the field. Im really leaning towards collecting a "Falcon"...yes I said it folks...

So I ask of all my friends here at beckett am I making a good choice or should I consider another player or just stick to my roots?

#onthefence
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Talk me into it or talk me out of it please...
I am going to say this with complete love in my heart, don't be silly. I know the Fins are disenchanting right now, but why collect another player on a team you do not care for? Who knows who will pop up in the next 5 years on the team, and what if Ryan never takes the next step? You spent a BUNCH of money collecting someone who will eventually bottom out, see McNabb, Donovan. Also, if you prefer Marino over Ryan, if Ryan has any success, his auto's will surpass the most desirable Marino 1/1's by a long shot (SPA, NT, Exquisite, etc.).

I have a vote of cool your jets a little, save up, see what becomes of Tanne. May be pick up a Ryan or two if you REALLY like the set, but I would not take the dive.

ULTIMATE SHOULD I COLLECT SOMEONE ELSE QUESTION:
What if a Jason Taylor you'd KILL for pops up on eBay, two days after you buy a crazy Ryan auto patch, and you are broke... How would that make you feel?
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

Personally, the first person that came to mind was Von Miller. He's a stud and he has some SICK cards out. But that's only if you wanna drop some serious money, otherwise I'd pick a solid TE, Safety or CB

Well I am on the opposite side of the fence of you. I think he is garbage and that his cards are way overvalued.

Sooo......to try to validate my point as ignorant as my thoughts are.

..........I just googled to see what he ranks according to NFL.com

http://top100.nfl.com/tracker

He isn't even ranked in the top 100 NFL players on NFL.com.

Navorro Bowman has a higher ranking then him, so does Tebow and he is a backup!

Again it's just my opinion. I am sure people may have a different one then me but please take no offense.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

I have been so discouraged with collecting just 1 player!... seems like as soon as I make the decision to go after his cards he either gets traded (davis, marshall) or cut (Turner, white) or falls off the face of the earth. So I have been debating Buying more Bess cards but am afraid if I do the phins will trade him for a bag of practice balls and a washing machine. so heres my suggestion! start a PC with a them that will let you collect lots of different players from different era's and different teams.... like do a personal favorite list or a 50 greatest .... or just go after HOF'ers with 3 color patch autos .... or something like that..... this way if that amazing taylor pops up you can shift gears back to your Main PC Smile

I just by phins cards I like at this point !

just my 2 cents

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

(08-29-2012, 06:10 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: I am going to say this with complete love in my heart, don't be silly. I know the Fins are disenchanting right now, but why collect another player on a team you do not care for? Who knows who will pop up in the next 5 years on the team, and what if Ryan never takes the next step? You spent a BUNCH of money collecting someone who will eventually bottom out, see McNabb, Donovan. Also, if you prefer Marino over Ryan, if Ryan has any success, his auto's will surpass the most desirable Marino 1/1's by a long shot (SPA, NT, Exquisite, etc.).

I have a vote of cool your jets a little, save up, see what becomes of Tanne. May be pick up a Ryan or two if you REALLY like the set, but I would not take the dive.

ULTIMATE SHOULD I COLLECT SOMEONE ELSE QUESTION:
What if a Jason Taylor you'd KILL for pops up on eBay, two days after you buy a crazy Ryan auto patch, and you are broke... How would that make you feel?
I think there is a lot to do with the fact that Marino, ZT and JT are retired. ZT and JT never have new cards produced and the issue with Marino is they just use the same photos over and over and they all look alike.

As for something spectacular popping up of JT trust me I will find a way to get it if I want it bad enough lol.

The Phins have been "rebuilding" for 10 years. When Tanne blows up (IF) then I will jump on him then though I wouldnt hold your breath. They may be the worst team in the league this year haha. Wait thats not funny...

BTW Marino is turning 51 in a couple of weeks...crazy how he is getting up there so fast!!! Marino will always be my #1 guy by a mile but nothing wrong with another QB PC right? lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Honestely I would go with Tannehill being a phins fan like you. For one the #1 picks being QB's for them is well DAN FREAKIN MARINO and bob griese....
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Collect serial # 84 or 19....works for me... Big Grin

(08-29-2012, 06:21 PM)warcraftin Wrote: Well I am on the opposite side of the fence of you. I think he is garbage and that his cards are way overvalued.

Sooo......to try to validate my point as ignorant as my thoughts are.

..........I just googled to see what he ranks according to NFL.com

http://top100.nfl.com/tracker

He isn't even ranked in the top 100 NFL players on NFL.com.

Navorro Bowman has a higher ranking then him, so does Tebow and he is a backup!

Again it's just my opinion. I am sure people may have a different one then me but please take no offense.
Since the Falcons drafted Matt Ryan they havent had a losing season. I also dont pay much attention to the NFL networks list because Romo is at #91 and he is a top 30 player at worst.
(08-29-2012, 06:22 PM)phinzphan1372 Wrote: I have been so discouraged with collecting just 1 player!... seems like as soon as I make the decision to go after his cards he either gets traded (davis, marshall) or cut (Turner, white) or falls off the face of the earth. So I have been debating Buying more Bess cards but am afraid if I do the phins will trade him for a bag of practice balls and a washing machine. so heres my suggestion! start a PC with a them that will let you collect lots of different players from different era's and different teams.... like do a personal favorite list or a 50 greatest .... or just go after HOF'ers with 3 color patch autos .... or something like that..... this way if that amazing taylor pops up you can shift gears back to your Main PC Smile

I just by phins cards I like at this point !

just my 2 cents
Please dont jinx us by collecting Bess. lol. Just pick anyone else lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

thats why i backed off the gates pc.... don't want to jinx him he needs all the help he can get .... same with thomas!..... I did pick up a few Tannehills! crap i should sell em quick Smile

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's