`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hostile Reception - Is this board worth it?

RE: Hostile Reception - Is this board worth it?
and dont forget to trade on beckett you must use the organize:

welcome, To trade or sell on Beckett, you will need to have cards entered into your organize, as all cards for trade or sell must be entered into your organize and marked accordingly (for sale requires a sell price) All transactions must be done via the trade tab at the top of the page. A good place to Start is by reading the sticky message atop the trading forums, there is a tutorial as well. Here are the links
New Traders Read first
Tutorial
FAQ
Thanks, Mod
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(07-29-2012, 05:00 PM)Gallinator Wrote: Hello, fellow hockey card collectors!

I just joined this board in the hopes of being able to help some of you and maybe fill in my want list a little. A couple of you have been great (and I thank you!) but my experience with cards2trade has been less than pleasant.
Yeah,

I think there are some pretty far gone traders on here bud. I have made three trades in my first month. All went well that I accepted. Out of the 50 I declined, 80% of them were 'crazy' lol. As in total one sided trades or whatever.
I am one of those guys who may hold a higher mental value on a card I love. Being a Winnipeger I really have high hopes for scheifele, so when people offer me 80$ which is BV and I say "no" I also add that "This card has very high personal value and I apologize for any BV confusion"

OR

Now I have just simply started to ignore any ignorant trades/traders. I took all my favorites and put them as not trading.

A little sensitive my friend. Expect ridiculous trades on here and you will be just honky dory.

I think a lot of new members have thought that I have sent "crazy" or "lopsided" trades in the year that I have been trading here. As I thought the same thing at the first few offers I received.

My understanding of the "norm" for a trade here is to send a trade request noting the cards you are interested in, and maybe including a few that you think that the other person might be interested in based on their profile. I have had several newer members immediately cancel these without a reply as to why the trade was cancelled and a few let me know that I am crazy.

Most of the time I will also send a message with the open trade saying something like "check my org to see if you need anything." I also try to send a message if I cancel a trade that might be as simple as "I didn't see anything I could use" or something like that (as long as I remember to do this).

I am not sure what everyone else's experiences are here, but mine have been about 99% positive. I try to work out any trade offer that I get, but sometimes people just don't have anything I can use.

Values are set by market activity, so to me it goes back to that you don't have to trade cards if the offer doesn't suit you. I have traded way over BV at times to get cards that I wanted, and I have also had trades go in my favor as well. Being a Red Wings collector there is a lot of competition for the nicer cards, so there are times that I know I will have to "overpay" for something and I am OK with that.

I would ask that you give trading here a fair chance - from time to time you will run into someone who for whatever reason doesn't live up to the standards you expect for a trade, but I think that holds true everywhere.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Nathan

Many thanks for the thoughtful posts! I am glad to see such a positive response. Before taking the time to build my org (I have my whole collection in Excel, which is easy and fast), I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be wasting the effort. Rest assured I have read the tutorial and FAQs and "read first" threads.

I don't want to upset any moderators with further details or engage in self-indulgent navel gazing, so I'll put this unpleasantness behind me. It's a shame, since I could have filled in much of cards2trade's 09/10 OPC wantlist if we'd had a better first experience.

Thanks for the reception and reassurances!

Paul
Looking for ITG Decades 1980s Autos: Jim Craig (USA), Tony Esposito (SP), Dave Keon (SP), Mario Lemieux (SP), Mark Messier - both (SP), Ken Morrow (USA), Jack O'Callahan (USA), Mike Ramsey (USA), Patrick Roy (SP), Joe Sakic, Dave Silk (USA), Vladislav Tretiak (SP). Will trade or make offer. Thanks!

Gallinator love your avatar

Something else that I picked up reading the posts here is
1) Do not put anything in organize you do not want to trade.
2) Set up a want list and mark "trade for" this way when I propose a trade the cards you are looking for will have a yellow star beside, like wise cards i am looking for will have a yellow star.

Hope this helps as well and again welcome to the site.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

(07-30-2012, 09:13 PM)208963 Wrote: Gallinator love your avatar
Thanks! Who can ever get mad at a little baby tiger?!? =)
Looking for ITG Decades 1980s Autos: Jim Craig (USA), Tony Esposito (SP), Dave Keon (SP), Mario Lemieux (SP), Mark Messier - both (SP), Ken Morrow (USA), Jack O'Callahan (USA), Mike Ramsey (USA), Patrick Roy (SP), Joe Sakic, Dave Silk (USA), Vladislav Tretiak (SP). Will trade or make offer. Thanks!