`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Hostile Reception - Is this board worth it?

Hostile Reception - Is this board worth it?
Hello, fellow hockey card collectors!

I just joined this board in the hopes of being able to help some of you and maybe fill in my want list a little. A couple of you have been great (and I thank you!) but my experience with cards2trade has been less than pleasant. I proposed what I thought was a fair trade, which he rejected (no problem there), but when I gave what I thought was helpful market information on a card he clearly overvalues, he made a snarky reply and then put me on his "ignore" list.

I weaned myself off of using message boards a few years ago (I've been collecting comic books and sports cards for 30+ years) due to the number of jerks that tend to inhabit them, but I was hoping a trading board might be a little more focused and less strident.

Am I being too sensitive? Have your experiences on this board been positive, overall? I welcome anyone's thoughts, including cards2trade.

Thanks!
Gallinator
Looking for ITG Decades 1980s Autos: Jim Craig (USA), Tony Esposito (SP), Dave Keon (SP), Mario Lemieux (SP), Mark Messier - both (SP), Ken Morrow (USA), Jack O'Callahan (USA), Mike Ramsey (USA), Patrick Roy (SP), Joe Sakic, Dave Silk (USA), Vladislav Tretiak (SP). Will trade or make offer. Thanks!

RE: Hostile Reception - Is this board worth it?
I purchase the online price guide, and use it as a guide for trades most people I trade with do the same thing. There are always folks that value their cards more and expect more in return, don't be put off by one experience.
And by the way welcome to the boards.

SET COLLECTOR, RYAN SMYTH, BOBBY ORR AND MARTIN ST. LOUIS

8some people don't want to let a certain card go unless they get something else they really want for it. Some cards are valued more to certain people. I wouldn't let it get to you, there are plenty of great traders on this forum.
Collecting:
Morgan Rielly
Jake Gardiner
Kessel
Photobucket

I have completed a few trades already, and have a couple more in the works. I just recently signed up earlier this month, and have had nothing but good experiences so far.

There are turds everywhere and in everything you do

the internet is no exception

I usually just ignore them when they post something rude

I am just currently coming back to beckett (i left after they changed the format a few years ago)

I hope to see you around more often.

Granted i probably wont because I rarely venture into the hockey threads on any forum i belong to

Don't let one or two people kee you away. The people on this site are excellent for the most part and you will find 99% great people to deal with!

First off, welcome to the boards. The Beckett community is one of the best between the different boards that I trade on. The organizer is great here. Some people do over value cards however, there are also many people that do not use the Beckett value in trader rather than the selling values on Free Bay (ebay). I tend to stay away for these type of trades as I only trade by BV as I do not sell a hole lot. I hope you stick around and we get a chance to trade

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

ill trade with ya if u fill out your organizer

I think the forum is a good thing for building my PC while helping others with their wants. Some aren't exactly "kind" when rejecting an offer, or snub you without courtesy. Maintain a list of these folks and don't make offers to them- the issue goes away. I have three on my foof list. I've met some OUTSTANDING people here and made multiple trades with some- they are more like friends now and we can look out for each other. As to BV's- I give more when getting GU / Ink / good BV cards for base and inserts, and will give extra BV when I really want something. BUT....I never expect the same in return. I suggest you give it another 6 months and see where you are then- and keep your fooflist up to date! Welcome, best wishes, and HAPPY TRADING!.......Eddie

Welcome to the boards and I hope we can deal. Let me know what Roy cards you have.

Trading has slowed a lot since I started but there are still a lot of good people here to deal with. You will find most will only trade with the organizer (myself included) so you are best to get that all worked out and you will see the trade offers start to roll in.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr