Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Two Simple Trading Rules To Avoid Scammers

RE: Two Simple Trading Rules To Avoid Scammers
[quote='jtraven42' pid='2061261' dateline='1341584412']
Threads like this are why traffic here has dwindled. OP stated his opinion; either trade with him or not.
[/quote

traffic here has dwindled because paying for an org to trade on beckett...people argue and have differences of opinions on every site and board out there. i said the same thing you did, either trade with him or dont who cares about the rest. but i think this has little to do with traffic decreasing on here.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

(07-05-2012, 10:20 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ""I don't necessarily see a problem with people feeling a few packs and choosing one that they think may be the hit.""

it doesnt mean he does it, but he does condone the act. and for that he should be drawn and quartered, tarred and feathered, honey'd and anthill'd

so your both wrong. :p
YOU are wrong, sir, because you forgot kneecappin' LOL

As soon as I read this I knew it was gonna backfire...I know your intentions are well but I still don't understand your first rule...
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

If someone contacts me first about a card, I would require them to send first. If I contacted them about a card, it would be up to me to decide to send first, or we both send at the same time and there's no big deal. This is actually supported by Beckett's trading system. In the trade settings section of your Beckett profile, their is a "Must be shipped to first" option. You can choose yes or no. It doesn't really matter that much for low-level cards or cards that don't mean much to me. I did a trade one time where someone contacted me about a card but took about two weeks to even send it. Which is fine, as long as I'm not sending that person my card and then waiting months to get my card(s).

I don't trade yet, or haven't traded yet, through Beckett because it's my understanding you have to pay for the service, and I'm not a heavy trader anyway. Also, I already subscribe to three of Beckett's paper publications.

Trading and collecting is supposed to be fun. The rules that I use ensures both parties get a smooth transaction, should I make a trade. All I'm saying is, if someone doesn't want to get scammed, they can take some steps to make sure that they don't get scammed. Or if they do, they will at least know their cards were actually delivered.

- arena_guy

Whenever I've traded, I've always agreed with the other guy to send at the same time. I've been here since '98 and I wouldn't ask the other person to send first - even someone new. I know I wouldn't get many trades if I did. If I don't trust the trade, I don't do it. My personal rule is that I don't trade anything I can't afford to lose.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

(07-07-2012, 10:57 AM)jhyde77 Wrote: Whenever I've traded, I've always agreed with the other guy to send at the same time. I've been here since '98 and I wouldn't ask the other person to send first - even someone new. I know I wouldn't get many trades if I did. If I don't trust the trade, I don't do it. My personal rule is that I don't trade anything I can't afford to lose.
+1

[Image: griffeyjr.jpg]

Just to clarify a couple things...

Quote:If someone contacts me first about a card, I would require them to send first. If I contacted them about a card, it would be up to me to decide to send first, or we both send at the same time and there's no big deal. This is actually supported by Beckett's trading system. In the trade settings section of your Beckett profile, their is a "Must be shipped to first" option. You can choose yes or no.

To my knowledge that setting does not as of yet have any sort of effect on the actual screen. So I wouldn't rely on that to inform the other trader of your intentions.

The other thing I will point out is that the site rules are that once a trade is accepted both members are expected to send their cards as soon as possible. If one trader - for whatever reason - wishes to deviate from that rule, it must be agreed to BEFORE the trade is accepted by both parties. Traders who consistently don't send until they receive without informing the other trader can and should expect to receive bad feedback and or have their trading privileges revoked.

That being said, any trader for any reason can ask the other trader to send first, and then it's up to the other trader whether or not he/she wants to accept. Communication is the key.

Quote:I don't trade yet, or haven't traded yet, through Beckett because it's my understanding you have to pay for the service,

Trading is free. You can list up to 100 cards for trade in your organize for free or organize is completely free with any online price guide subscription. You only have to pay if you wish to use the organize feature without limitations and without an online price guide subscription.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.