`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.

RE: My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.
I stickied a link to my looking for these members thread here. This is the current owed list I have:

-owes $350 to dbroockerd-possible paypal scam; sends empty magnetic holders. Also sold the same card to vpina87
-2nd victim 12bradshaw68 same thing happened with empty holder
-owes james lacroix $200 card, plus $150.00 in Paypal for a Bryce Harper AU ref. Received an EMPTY package
-owes MrSwankTank21 a 2012 Topps Tribute Stan Musial auto /99
He sent him 30.00 paypal and a 2011 Topps 60 Starlin Castro auto
-owes rspenner Gypsy Queen cards, paid $12
-owes giants1957 2 autos in trade
-owes baker100309 Cain auto
-owes snoogens1001 from sale
-owes arod0770710 cards from trade
-owes once78 bush auto
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

To all those stating they don't wanna trade, or are scared, stop and think. Would you rather see a scam and us get a bad apple off this site or continue dealing with a guy like this. There is risk in life, that's how it is. I am glad he got me cause I know for a fact him getting me saved at least one other member. We have to weed out the bad apples and sometimes it takes things like this to do it.

It sucks, sure, but at least now we know the real guy. When he was just a nice guy trading he had people feeling sorry for him, helping him etc and we don't know if any of it was true. I'd rather get burned and know then feed the guy for years and not know.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Guys like this are what has made me hesitant to trade on here. I love posting on here and talking back and forth with a few of you, it's just a shame. This whole ordeal has got me sick to my stomach for you guys. It makes you wonder what goes through the minds of people like that. You wonder what has made them THIS desperate. It's sad, but the only way to teach people like this is with real jail time. Mail fraud is a felony, but it doesn't necessarily mean real prison time if convicted. The worst part about it is if he's convicted of the theft, along with the mail fraud and he's a first time offender, he'll get a slap on the wrist, probation, and MAYBE a fine. If he's a kid, his parents would be held responsible for the fine, they may even face jail time. I guarantee this guy hasn't thought twice about that. I really hope for retribution for those of you who have been wronged. Does this website require a verified address the way Paypal does in order to trade?
Maybe it would be a good idea to add a middle man in trades. That way stuff like this doesn't happen. It would make me more comfortable in trading here. We both ship to the same place and once both sides of the trade are received, the cards are then forwarded to their new owner. And add a deadline. If your side of the trade isn't received by a certain day, the trade is voided and the cards are returned. That way NO ONE loses cards. It seems silly to have to resort to that, but how else do you weed out the bad traders so no one gets hurt. I'd pay a small fee for that kind of security. It could be profitable for Beckett too. It could also bring in a new segment to their business.

(03-27-2012, 12:38 PM)d0dgerfan1979 Wrote: Guys like this are what has made me hesitant to trade on here. I love posting on here and talking back and forth with a few of you, it's just a shame. This whole ordeal has got me sick to my stomach for you guys. It makes you wonder what goes through the minds of people like that. You wonder what has made them THIS desperate. It's sad, but the only way to teach people like this is with real jail time. Mail fraud is a felony, but it doesn't necessarily mean real prison time if convicted. The worst part about it is if he's convicted of the theft, along with the mail fraud and he's a first time offender, he'll get a slap on the wrist, probation, and MAYBE a fine. If he's a kid, his parents would be held responsible for the fine, they may even face jail time. I guarantee this guy hasn't thought twice about that. I really hope for retribution for those of you who have been wronged. Does this website require a verified address the way Paypal does in order to trade?
Maybe it would be a good idea to add a middle man in trades. That way stuff like this doesn't happen. It would make me more comfortable in trading here. We both ship to the same place and once both sides of the trade are received, the cards are then forwarded to their new owner. And add a deadline. If your side of the trade isn't received by a certain day, the trade is voided and the cards are returned. That way NO ONE loses cards. It seems silly to have to resort to that, but how else do you weed out the bad traders so no one gets hurt. I'd pay a small fee for that kind of security. It could be profitable for Beckett too. It could also bring in a new segment to their business.

then you would have to pay shipping twice?

lets get a trade going dodgerfan, this is a rare occurence! i still have complete faith in this community and trading despite jakes actions.

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

check jakes thread on the box break boards...someones trying to defend him . Prob him under a different account or something

I feel terrible for everyone who is involved, and who lost both money and cards. I had some interaction with JAKELOVESCARDS - I truly felt sorry for his circumstances - just like this community, I was willing and wanted to help out. At first I thought the gun was jumped a little, but, now having seen this played out, I am grateful that Derek came forward immediately with this. I am not a huge trader on this site, because of time constraints, but is there a protocol that we all could come up with to ensure that high end trades are not vulnerable to these problems, albeit they seldom occur? As far as determining if an individual does it fact have a card, it's not difficult to ask them to set the card on a current days newspaper with the date on it. That is at least one step to ensure that someone you are trading with does have that card in their possession. Also, a deposit to a third party trader you both trust to ensure delivery? I know these suggestions are full of holes, but someone might come up with the solution that works! Personally, I am pretty trusting as seems to be the case with a lot of traders here. I know as a new trader, I usually sent first. I have no problem with that. But, rather than ramble, can we maybe start a new thread Derek that allows people to suggest some protocols that would be helpful or at least minimize the problems? Just a thought.

And while I believe that JAKELOVESCARDS at this point deserves full justice, and deserves whatever is meted out, especially because of his attitude and brazen flippancy, I am reminded of this:

Matthew 5:44 - Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and PRAY for them which DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and persecute you.

I have no right to tell each of you that have been wronged how to feel, I am not in your shoes; but these are not my words, but the words of someone who has walked in your shoes. End of Sermon!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

I stated that early on other post but only to very valuable cards
And Derek can be the 3rd party if this community agree to it
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

(03-27-2012, 12:44 PM)bunk27 Wrote: then you would have to pay shipping twice?

lets get a trade going dodgerfan, this is a rare occurence! i still have complete faith in this community and trading despite jakes actions.
Agreed.. I would not be worried to trade here. Like most have said. Don't stop trading due to a rotten apple. There are more good than bad. If unsure about a trader,just contact someone by pm who has completed a trade and see what they say. I know this is why we have feedback but still. People scam everyday on internet and off. Doesn't mean we should shut down shop. Things happen without warning,day or night. We must continue doing our everyday thang. There is good people here and I stand by it. I would trade no matter the price!
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

Guys I just found put th real identity I'll keep this updated as I can but at the moment don't wanna leak too much.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

(03-27-2012, 12:49 PM)giants1957 Wrote: I stated that early on other post but only to very valuable cards
And Derek can be the 3rd party if this community agree to it
I know I saw that just thought we could start a new thread with some of the ideas from the community. What is considered high end? Does Derek, even though he mentioned it, really want that responsibility? I don't know how many high end trades occur. Anyway, not to think I ignored your earlier suggestion, just couldn't find it among all the pages...and threadsSmile

Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____