`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Peace out Manning, yours truly Colts Mgmt

RE: Peace out Manning, yours truly Colts Mgmt
(03-06-2012, 06:34 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: I would so love to see him in say KC with some big WRs, great TE, and a great RB with couple good backups. Also they have a amazing defense, that can also show improvement in some places
You know that Kansas City has a record of that sort of thing - and it actually does make a lot of sense from a football sense given the offensive weapons there.

(03-06-2012, 06:16 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: I would rather take Manning for the last 5-6 years of his career than Andrew Luck for his whole career
Yeah, but the Colts have already had Manning for at least 4 of the last 5 or 6 years of Mannings career.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

It's a tough decision on Ersay's behalf. There is a pro's and con's list a mile long and I think you have to go with the new blood. But I believe that if Peyton returns at 100%, he'll have success with whoever he's with. I just dont think you can pass on Luck because with Peyton, you're not gonna get another chance at a QB like that because peytons gonna win games. Then what happens when Peyton retires? I couldnt take that risk. I'd go with Luck right now!

As far as him playing for another team, it kinda saddens meSad Could you imagine Kobe in another Uniform other than a Lakers uni?? Jeter not a Yankee?? Although Lebron made the transition and is doing well. Seeing him in a Heat uni isnt weird anymore. It just would be nice if a player like that retires with his original team. And he could stay in Indy if he wanted but he wont take the pay cut.

If you only think he has another 1 maybe 2 years left you must be watching the wrong FB

This has always been the knock on a salary cap system.

I can't even think of the last great player to spend his entire career with just 1 team. Michael Strahan maybe?

KC, KC, KC........
My PSA Registry Sets: http://www.psacard.com/PSASETREGISTRY/Ot...px?m=24032
Current Sets Collecting: 1909-11 T206, 1914 Cracker Jack, 1933 Goudey

(03-06-2012, 07:00 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: If you only think he has another 1 maybe 2 years left you must be watching the wrong FB
If you think he has 5 or 6 years left... I'll have what you're having, it sounds fun!

(03-06-2012, 06:40 PM)Marinocollector Wrote: Yeah, but the Colts have already had Manning for at least 4 of the last 5 or 6 years of Mannings career.
LOL, you hope anyway. Ole Marino gonna drop to #3 in most records if he plays any longer than that.
And the only way I see Peyton done in the next 2 years is if his neck doesnt hold up.
The Colts are done now though. I love all the Luck hype. I obviously cant say how good he will be but I doubt hes gonna help the Colts right away if ever. And I like him...
You cant take Peyton out, put Luck in and expect to return to a contender over night. But we shall see...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(03-06-2012, 06:34 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: I would so love to see him in say KC with some big WRs, great TE, and a great RB with couple good backups. Also they have a amazing defense, that can also show improvement in some places
So would I... Too bad KC has none of those things. Wink

Num1Monroefan Wrote:If you only think he has another 1 maybe 2 years left you must be watching the wrong FB
I am willing to lay money down that Peyton Manning will lose his next starting job before the end of the 2012 season, and will be out of football before 2013 ends due to his neck issues.
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

someone will benefit from this one. and it wont be indy. not knocking luck but if anyone thinks truthfully he will come in and make this team and plaoff contender i would have to disagree. not that my opinion matters of course. but luck isnt the answer to the colts issues. well maybe it is just a different kind of luck (not the passer).
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson