`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
totally certified green auto question

RE: totally certified green auto question
(01-19-2012, 09:48 AM)xarzy Wrote: Hype or not Rose Green Auto just sold for $1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derrick-Rose-Tot...2c626826c6
Any card of Derrick Rose is selling for asinine amounts, doesn't surprise me
Inconstancy is my very essence says the wheel Rise up on my spokes if ya like but dnt complain wen ya cast back down into the depths Good times pass away but then so do the bad Mutability is our tragedy but its also our hope The worst of times like the best are always passin away http://www.photobucket.com/vgqv

(01-22-2012, 03:55 PM)jonathani Wrote: Sorry for being unclear. What I meant to say is that it is not always good to base your purchasing decisions on market popularity, necessarily. I base my selling and trading decisions on what other people want, of course, but what I want stays rather consistent. Sometimes the "next big thing" in the hobby ends up being not that big of a deal later on. When people went crazy over Strasburg not too long ago, I got rid of anything of his I could. In the process, I picked up a lot of things that other people did not want at the time. My signature notes HOF players from my favorite teams and some current fellows sprinkled in. If someone is willing to give me $40 for a card of a player that may or may not be there in a year, I will gladly turn that cash into a $40 Michael Jordan card for my PC. I never intend to sell it, but I do know that if I ever needed to it would likely not lose as much value as the current flash-in-the-pan might.

We all have different ways of collecting, and that is what makes this hobby so much fun, but sharing buying/trading advice is like telling someone how to train his dog: We all do it differently, but Fido always licks our hand when we get home.

I thoroughly enjoy the trading aspect of this hobby. Guessing and waiting are most of the fun.

JonathanI

I collect the exact same way. I stop buying Griffin's cards after I had to pay more than $40 for a RC auto. They could be had for cheaper in his draft year. Him being an OU alumni, I picked up a bunch of his stuff. He took off the next year and I only had like three letters left to spell his last name from the Threads RC autos. Then I couldn't buy one letter I needed for less than twice of what I paid for the four I already had.

I have seen some people drop a crazy amount of cash on Griffin and Rose. I can't bring myself to pay high amounts of money that I earn for players that are not established yet. (If you think that D. Rose has an established career with a single MVP award, sorry to burst your bubble.) The same does go for established sets when I collect.

People in general pay too much when something is new or hot. Steve Nash won two MVP awards and his stuff was blowing up back then. How cheap can you find a good Nash single now??? That dude is first ballot HOF!!!!
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(01-19-2012, 11:28 AM)arod1973 Wrote: They hype on the Greens is just crazy right now...I mean it's not like it is the only parallel in the set...theres a whole rainbow red, blue, gold, green, black...

i don't see how people are getting caught up in this just because it's freakin green...

I think its because the greens are more rare because theyre numbered to 5. The others they made alot more

(01-14-2012, 10:11 AM)adiddy32 Wrote: Hey man kinda off subject (I hope u sell it 1k BTW) What is a beckett raw card review? Why is it not completed?

I HAVE THAT SAME CARD BGS 9.5, ONLY MINE IS THE NON AUTO... I WILL BE LISTING IT ON EBAY IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO...