`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
totally certified green auto question

RE: totally certified green auto question
In my humble opinion, now is a horrible time to buy these cards. People are paying WAY too much for them.

I think in general people are over-reacting to the season starting as well as trying to jump on "THE NEXT BIG THING"

Ive seen some people even list a set of donruss elite red cards (cant remember the exact set) and say "The next rubies???" good grief
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

i still cant believe the blake griffin went for as high as it did. Hes not even that good of a player to be commanding that type of money. He hasnt proved himself yet. Hes known for making power dunks..thats it. hes not the best shooter or defender so why are his cards even selling for that much? My thoughts on the carmelo is that like everyone said people are hyping these up way to much and assuming there the next metal gems. not even close. its all what people want to believe.

Hype or not Rose Green Auto just sold for $1500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Derrick-Rose-Tot...2c626826c6
[Image: ewing_zps7sp6k1o0.png]

WoWOWOWOWOW the green jersey makes that baby look even sweeter...but 1500 ouch
Players I Collect:

[Image: NewBanner_zps183e3df7.jpg][/URL]

Henderson Auto PC Stats:
Non 1/1's Autos: 193/202 95.5%
1/1's: 22/37 59.5%
Jersey #'d - 65

What about the previous year of Certified? It was not the "Totally" Certified, but these parallels and their numbering are consistant in both years.

Has there been a rise in value for the 09-10 "Leaf" Certified versions. If there has been, then I would begin comparing these cards to the PMG's. If this "craze" is isolated to just the newest Certified then I would say the hype is based only on card design and a few well off collectors.

Is Panini even planning on releasing a Certifed set of any kind this year???
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

They hype on the Greens is just crazy right now...I mean it's not like it is the only parallel in the set...theres a whole rainbow red, blue, gold, green, black...

i don't see how people are getting caught up in this just because it's freakin green...
[Image: arod.gif]

(01-13-2012, 02:08 PM)blackitalian Wrote: ya thats true. the seller is asking $999 obo. the blake griffin one just sold for $1300 yesterday and that wasnt even a auto one
It is difficult to draw relative comparisons in this hobby. If someone overpays or underpays on a card of one player and you do not know that person's reasoning, it is not wise to base your own purchasing decisions for purchasing another player on what could just be one individual's idiocy or genius.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.

(01-19-2012, 12:05 PM)jonathani Wrote: It is difficult to draw relative comparisons in this hobby. If someone overpays or underpays on a card of one player and you do not know that person's reasoning, it is not wise to base your own purchasing decisions for purchasing another player on what could just be one individual's idiocy or genius.

JonathanI
You must not enjoy the "trading" aspect of the trading cards. I don't plan on rushing out and getting them because they are the next hot thing. But if I saw, say a green Marcus Camby sitting in a $5/ea. box at a local card show. I would snatch it up for the sake of trade bait or a flip on feebay.

Your qoute above basically says it is "not wise" to watch the hobby's market. Isn't the market basically comparing what various collectors pay?
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(01-19-2012, 02:11 PM)got watcha want Wrote: You must not enjoy the "trading" aspect of the trading cards. I don't plan on rushing out and getting them because they are the next hot thing. But if I saw, say a green Marcus Camby sitting in a $5/ea. box at a local card show. I would snatch it up for the sake of trade bait or a flip on feebay.

Your qoute above basically says it is "not wise" to watch the hobby's market. Isn't the market basically comparing what various collectors pay?
Sorry for being unclear. What I meant to say is that it is not always good to base your purchasing decisions on market popularity, necessarily. I base my selling and trading decisions on what other people want, of course, but what I want stays rather consistent. Sometimes the "next big thing" in the hobby ends up being not that big of a deal later on. When people went crazy over Strasburg not too long ago, I got rid of anything of his I could. In the process, I picked up a lot of things that other people did not want at the time. My signature notes HOF players from my favorite teams and some current fellows sprinkled in. If someone is willing to give me $40 for a card of a player that may or may not be there in a year, I will gladly turn that cash into a $40 Michael Jordan card for my PC. I never intend to sell it, but I do know that if I ever needed to it would likely not lose as much value as the current flash-in-the-pan might.

We all have different ways of collecting, and that is what makes this hobby so much fun, but sharing buying/trading advice is like telling someone how to train his dog: We all do it differently, but Fido always licks our hand when we get home.

I thoroughly enjoy the trading aspect of this hobby. Guessing and waiting are most of the fun.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.