`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me understand

RE: Help me understand
Haven't been collecting as long as you but I have been doing it 20+ years. Price of cards has nothing to do with stats in my opinion. As said above, supply and demand. I would also add to that, hype and popularity of the player.

(08-26-2011, 09:14 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Barry Bonds is still priced as high as anyone of the era, and you can't hardly give his cards away.
I'll take them all Smile
[Image: fredwilliamson.jpg]

(08-27-2011, 08:12 AM)rare unreleased Wrote: I'll take them all Smile
I wouldn't take them if you Paid me!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(08-27-2011, 06:46 AM)bosoxfan1971 Wrote: That is not a fair comparison. When you are selling to his mother, father, and cousins. Of course they will pay more for their own family member.
no who, where

all about geography

(08-27-2011, 07:18 AM)ne12bc12 Wrote: I would also add to that, hype and popularity of the player.
Exactly.

Compare prices for Stephen Strasburg and Justin Verlander cards.

If performance were the only standard, the prices should be opposite of what they are.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-26-2011, 09:00 PM)0mattinglyalexander0 Wrote: That's why COLLECTING is still somewhat fun.

.... and if you believe they are undervalued, you should be buying and not worrying about selling.

I've noticed lately that the only ebay sales and BV's that come close to matching each other (and often going beyond BV) are those of The Mick and Cool Papa Pujols. Everyone else is a shot in the dark.
(Insert Ozzy here)
Never said anything about selling these cards. I don't do peebay and I don't sell on any other forum, including Beckett.

Randy Johnson put up some of the best numbers of all time and people are giving away his cards. Of course he probably took steroids but that's besides the point.

(08-27-2011, 09:02 PM)skywalkb Wrote: Never said anything about selling these cards. I don't do peebay and I don't sell on any other forum, including Beckett.
Then why are you worried about the BVS? Trading?
Ebay was just an example of BV compared to observable sales.

You mentioned you have been "In the business" for twenty something years+ You were questioning BV= Me having good reason to believe you had some financial transaction in mind concerning the cards you mentioned. Pardon me.

Price Guides are just that, guides. It gives you an example of what one can *generally* expect to pay or a general value to start from. It's not set in stone and you do not have to go by it.

One thing I've noticed in my 30 years as a collector:
Those "in the business" have usually loved BV's when selling...
but damn them when buying!

Trading a Freddie Freeman RC with a BV of $4 is a lot different than trading a John Diddlywangdoodle RC that books for $4.

I do have around 37 Johnny "the dockworker" Diddlywangdoodle RC's for sale BTW!!!!!!

going cheap almost half BV! at only $80 for the lot its a steal!!!!!!!!!!!!! so much investment potential!!!!!!! brice who??!?! take the dockworker home to your wife and kids today!!!!!!!

BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING DEAL!!!!!!!!!

/slinks off into the darkness to peddle his scheme to craigslist...this has got to work! I'll be rich! bwahahaha
Jonny Venters - Super Collector
Overall Collection (113/157 72% Complete)
base/parallels (85/85 100%)
1/1's (28/72 39%)

always looking for venters 1/1's and 2008/2010 low numbered refractors

johnxgodfree:

If you find a Diddlywangdoodle fan, you might get more than book. Too bad you you got sucked in on the Diddlywangdoodle hype/craze. Man were the prospectors miffed when his BV went down. Wink