`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me understand

Help me understand
How can Freeman's and Hellickson's rookie values go down? I thought that we as collector's and myself being a collector since the middle 60'S and being in the business for over 26 years that I would understand. I hope that the responsible person is happy with these decisions. I guess we are to be gullible and accept not only these change, but all the prices that are manipulated for what ever reason are true reflections on these 2 players, but on all players. Freeman .290+ avg, plus really good run producing stats. I just don't understand how, but do understand why.

RE: Help me understand
If you look at the completed sales on the bay for Freeman's 2007 Rc's, they just do not sell that high.

Let's look at the last 5 Bowman auctions,

looking at past auction sales just from ebay.

8.50 (10card lot)
2.12 (2 card lot)
3.25 (3 card lot)
19.99 ( 3 card blue lot )

His cards fall in the dollar range, hence the down grade, in fact all of the sales on the bay for freeman stuff has been low.

Beckett's does not use the players stats to determine pricing, they use actual complete, paid for sales from all sources, not just eBay.
the bucket
http://postimage.org/Shez

WANTED:
2006 FLAIR SHOWCASE SIGNATURES #/35

I am becoming that performance (either at the minor or major league level) has nothing to do with card prices.

My best example is Jason Heyward. I know a lot of you guys like him... he is young, strong and full of potential... but his numbers aren't there (this year at least).

all about supply and demand

other players have replaced those to as 2nd tier top prospects

people are still in this hobby under the precept that these cards are an investment and will hold their value if not go up the old they get ? lol

That's why COLLECTING is still somewhat fun.

.... and if you believe they are undervalued, you should be buying and not worrying about selling.

I've noticed lately that the only ebay sales and BV's that come close to matching each other (and often going beyond BV) are those of The Mick and Cool Papa Pujols. Everyone else is a shot in the dark.
(Insert Ozzy here)

Barry Bonds is still priced as high as anyone of the era, and you can't hardly give his cards away.
[Image: ozziesmithbanner.jpg]
Always collecting Ozzie Smith!

(08-26-2011, 09:14 PM)dlcarst Wrote: Barry Bonds is still priced as high as anyone of the era, and you can't hardly give his cards away.
depends on where you are selling. i get premiums for him

(08-26-2011, 09:17 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: depends on where you are selling. i get premiums for him
x2...I've been trying to buy a couple of his RC's that are graded BGS 9.5 and the sellers still put a high price on them...As you said, Bonds does still carry a premium for specific cards.

And for the OP's question, if the card prices went by performance on the field solely, then the ARod's, Pujols's, Halladay's would be so high that no one could afford them. There has to be a balance to the prices and that includes on the field accolades as well as how their cards sell in the market, etc...
-Collecting rookie, game-used, and autographed cards of Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers in baseball, basketball, and football.
-Collecting autographs/cut autos and memorabilia of historic figures.

(08-26-2011, 09:17 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: depends on where you are selling. i get premiums for him
That is not a fair comparison. When you are selling to his mother, father, and cousins. Of course they will pay more for their own family member.