`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Going to first card show what to expect???

RE: Going to first card show what to expect???
(07-16-2011, 08:03 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: Ok thanks guys thats what I thought. I dont trade or sell so im not going there for that and I understand the making money aspect running a card shop I just wanted to try a new card collecting venue. So if there are 22 booths and 6 or 8 dealers does that leave 16 or 14 ran by fellow collectors or no?
Sorry for the stupid questions, I appreciate the help.
they normally run more than 1 table for each dealer normally around 2 or 3 i have seen some though with ones up to i think 14 tables for one person.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

(07-16-2011, 08:06 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: I wont be desperate if I cant get it at ebay or less Ill just move on. I get the chance to pick up cards daily no rush for me I just hope some people want to move some cards as its the last day too Smile
You won't get anything at ebay prices my friend...so you might just be disappointed. They had to pay table fees, so there's no way they're going to undercut themselves.

You might just want to go to look around....then no one is upset. Smile
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

don't tell them i'll go and get it cheaper on eBay (my personal pet peeve)...My answer would be then GO THERE!!! (just a heads up in case you lose your cool because they won't sell it at the price you want)
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

As hard as it may be to believe I sell at ebay or below daily at the shop I work at. If you buy it right you can sell it right. Plus table fees are far less than that of a real shop. However I understand what you mean completely and I will try to get at least a little something something to at least justifiy the drive.
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

Most card shows in my area are nothing but a huge disappointment. But thats just my area (central PA). I go everynow & then & every time, its the same dealers/sellers with the same high prices. Very very rarely, am I able to work out a deal from them, so I jus look for the bargin boxes. I always find some stuff in there, whether it be pc, trade bait or freebies to send out.

I go to the card show convention in Wildwood, NJ every year (120+ tables/ @ 30 diff dealers/sellers) and they have everything.... base to autos/gu, low end to super high end to all kinds of different collectibles (mcfarlanes, starting line ups, wheaties boxes, posters, pennants ect...)

When I attend a small card show, I always expect the worst & hope for the best.

Just my 2 cents worth.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

FT28- I wouldnt be that guy but thanks for the lookout.
LL4- Thats what im doing, expecting the worst and hoping for the best.
WHO-DEY

(07-16-2011, 08:15 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: As hard as it may be to believe I sell at ebay or below daily at the shop I work at. If you buy it right you can sell it right. Plus table fees are far less than that of a real shop. However I understand what you mean completely and I will try to get at least a little something something to at least justifiy the drive.
Then you're in the minority and so is your LCS. I know table fees don't equal brick and mortar overhead, but it's still something they have to recoup. I sure hope it works out for you!
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I appreciate the well wishes...
WHO-DEY

Cardshows are great because they can show you how truly rare and difficult it is to obtain sportscards these days. The majority of our hobby has become internet based, and a lot of collectors are now thinking a specific card /1000 would be easy to find. Good luck finding one at a show!

As far as what to expect, some shows are great.... some shows suck. Just depends on the vendors really. If I was going to a 20-22 table show with 6-8 vendors... I would not expect much. A decent size vendor would need 4-5 tables on their own just for a minimal set up.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

8-10 tables/dealers isn't really a show I don't think. I don't see how you can really make any great deals like that. The shows here are anywhere from 300 to 500 tables and I have to work hard all day to get deals.

This is the next show I have coming up in August. 450 tables. About an hour from the house. http://nyshows.org/Take_A_Tour_Movie_Pag...lains.html
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"