`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Going to first card show what to expect???

Going to first card show what to expect???
Im going to my first show tommorow (planning on going anyway) and I wanted to know what I should expect. It is in a mall and has 22 Tables. Please give me the run down.
Thanks
-Adam
[Image: celts_reds_bengs_sig.jpg]
WHO-DEY

RE: Going to first card show what to expect???
Expect most of the dealers to have higher than average prices. Be prepared to wheel and deal like you've never done in your life.

And enjoy the heck out of yourself!! Smile (then find me some nice Ricky's I can't live without! LOL)
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

22 tables should be around 3-4 dealers and it depends on whos there. we have a 40 table one once a month that has 6 dealers and its awful except for this one booth that wasent there last month his mom died or something and he couldnt make it which was sad to here.
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

I called and they said 8 dealers. Are dealers good I work at a card shop but can't seem to grasp this whole concept. Im pretty stoked but have a feeling I will be disapointed.

And due to what Wendy said about haggling, if a card is marked x what % offer is still considered to be "friendly" and not coming off rude at one of these deals.
6 or 8 dealers i forget.
WHO-DEY

some may be cool, some may be tools...either way know your bvs and bring local stuff and name stuff and show what you're willing to trade...if you don't want to trade it, don't bring it
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

exactly what ft28jags said and dealers are the people going to be running tables at the show
Betts Hursh Kimbrel Smile

[Image: bd2740c1-d591-4332-b7b1-0528f205c994_zpsdbff6c02.jpg]

Dealers = Buy real cheap. - Sell higher than the bay. Dealers are business proprietors unfortunatley.....never know though, might find some that are alright. Good Luck.
Insert Banner.

Ok thanks guys thats what I thought. I dont trade or sell so im not going there for that and I understand the making money aspect running a card shop I just wanted to try a new card collecting venue. So if there are 22 booths and 6 or 8 dealers does that leave 16 or 14 ran by fellow collectors or no?
Sorry for the stupid questions, I appreciate the help.
WHO-DEY

(07-16-2011, 07:52 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: And due to what Wendy said about haggling, if a card is marked x what % offer is still considered to be "friendly" and not coming off rude at one of these deals.
Most will probably try to sell around $75% of BV...you might find better deals, but likely not. Don't be afraid to ask, "What do you need on that one?" Most know they aren't going to sell at high BV.
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

I wont be desperate if I cant get it at ebay or less Ill just move on. I get the chance to pick up cards daily no rush for me I just hope some people want to move some cards as its the last day too Smile
WHO-DEY