`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
90's Gems

90's Gems
I'm fairly new to the board, but it seems all I see you guys talk about on here newer GU/Auto cards, etc. (which I love as well) but I'm a huge fan of mid 90's inserts, refractors, die cuts, like 94-97 Topps Finest, etc. That's when I started collecting and they just have a special place in my heart haha. Does anyone have scans of these bad boys around somewhere? I want them all.

RE: 90's Gems
a little something like this?

ScanImage037
collecting anything and everything PACKERS

photo 609651aa-718b-4ed0-b1dc-6e16747e7527_zps718a33ab.jpg

Jakedubstarks - I agree with you wholeheartedly. You have given me the impetus to do something (give me a couple minutes).
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

Man, I miss the days when card companies actually tried new stuff and didn't just use the giant jersey swatch to distract from the fact that they spent maybe five minutes designing the card. It's been a long time since I've pulled a card and went "whoa" for reasons other than potential book value.

[Image: singsmasher.jpg] [Image: paceiron.jpg]
[Image: gamebreaker.jpg][Image: conwaysp.jpg]

I think I've finally lost interest.

that Orlando Pace is Bad A$$

Those are some sweet cards

I'm a big fan of these big numbers cards as well. that eddie george might be the finest looking card on the jesus' green earth

[Image: bignumbers.png]

also I have always been a sucker for those Florida Hot Bed cards from the 90's, they're probably only worth a gumball a piece but you know what i tell my grandkids, i say, johnny, take that emmitt florida hot bed anyday over a stinkin gumball

[Image: Untitled.png]

Since I've been collecting since I don't know when, I agree about loving many of the cards from the 90s. Yes, way back then, autographs and game used weren't the norm, so many of us went gaga over limited inserts. I have several different PCs besides Saints and LSU. For instance, I collect limited PCs of several players, one of which is Brett Favre. Most cards in the collections are limited or just plain cool to me. Here's a few of them, and none are for trade:
[Image: IMG_0001.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0002.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0003.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0005.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0004.jpg]
[Image: 0a0d6456-0c97-44b9-873b-79f839312664_zpstsdq3axa.jpg]

I have a butt load of Favre cards, but I think I just saw a half dozen that I've never seen before. nice stuff, shame NFT.

boss hoss bro. favre forever

I love that there are other people out there who think they are great! I have a Steve Young thread that I was posting all my cards of his (I have 1800+) and pretty much stopped updating because I felt kinda like it was a waste of time. There were some nice comments tho.
I still can't stop myself from picking them up at the shows.
Maybe I will clean it up and post some more.
I love ALL the cards that have been posted to this thread Smile
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.