`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
90's Gems

RE: 90's Gems
anyone have this card in their collection? I just came across it on the web and I love it, two of my all time favorite players. i mean we're talkin bert favray to bobby b the magic man, its flat out filthy. get at me

96 pinnacle action packed longest yard

[Image: favrebrooks.jpg]

The 90s RULE!!! I am a 90s insert/parallel junkie! Pacific, Pinnacle and Playoff had some of the best looking, nicest designs!

Here are some to reminiscent over
1997 Pacific Cramer's Choice Jumbo Purple
[Image: f2.jpg]

1998 Aurura( I think it was) Cube
[Image: cube.jpg]

1998 Topps Gold Label Class 1, 2 ,3 and Gold, Black and Red
[Image: 1998tgl.jpg]

1997 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold
[Image: fav.jpg]

1996 Select Certified Run
Top Row: Base, Red and Blue
Middle Row: Base Premium, Mirror Red and Mirror Blue
Bottom Row: Artist Proof, Mirror Gold and Premium Mirror Red
[Image: 1996certified.jpg]

Enjoy!

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

I love the 90's cards also, more straight forward without the mountain of swatch / autos parallels. Pacific loved those parallels, it seemed to grow throuh 1995-1997, Copper Platinum Blue, Red, Silver, Blue, Copper, then those weird premiere date etc.
Here are some from my personal Jets collection, those short printed 1997 Playoff Inserts and those hard to find 1996 Pacific parallels

[Image: 1997JetsPlayoffInserts.jpg]
The red cards are 1997 Playoff First and Ten Hot Pursuit, seeded 1:180.
100 in the set mirror the first 100 from 1997 Absolute Reflex.
The silver cards are 1997 Playoff Absolute Reflex, 200 cards in the set, seeded 1:288.
A full set of Reflex was sold around 2000, I think it was week 1 all cards ending in 1, week 2 ending in 2, etc, it was an exciting time bidding to get them, even in Frank Reich was with Detroit, it's a Jets uni. That was how the dealer sold them, it was great waiting for the next round of auctions to appear.

[Image: 1996JetsPacific1.jpg]
[Image: 1996JetsPacific2.jpg]
The 1996 Pacific parallels I finished in 2010 after 4 years of searching. Could not find the Ryan Yarborough Red for the longest time after getting the rest. I have all 17 Jets & Curtis Martin in Blue, Red & Silver. There were 450 cards in the set, so finding these parallels has been hard. The Blue was seeded 9 per hobby box of 36 packs (9:37), Red was seeded (9:37) in retail packs the hardest to find today, the Silver in special retail packs.

Dig those funky 90's cards

Ginge: Great stuff. 95 was a great year to collect Steve Young, too - a ton of inserts and parallels! I could post a quite a few Smile
Honest opinion, please. Here is my bucket for Steve Young stuff that I have scanned by year
http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr113...ng%201996/
Is it worth it to start a thread? I love them, but don't know if anyone has any interest. I am always trying to add to it.
Currently trying to build 2010 Gridiron Kings
I collect Steve Young, Manny Lawson, Roger Craig and most things Niners.

(02-20-2011, 03:04 PM)younglover Wrote: Ginge: Great stuff. 95 was a great year to collect Steve Young, too - a ton of inserts and parallels! I could post a quite a few Smile
Honest opinion, please. Here is my bucket for Steve Young stuff that I have scanned by year
Is it worth it to start a thread? I love them, but don't know if anyone has any interest. I am always trying to add to it.
Yea. Start a collection thread man.

(02-20-2011, 03:04 PM)younglover Wrote: Ginge: Great stuff. 95 was a great year to collect Steve Young, too - a ton of inserts and parallels! I could post a quite a few Smile
100% yes!!!! start that thread Smile would love to see them all, if you dont start it i might cry.....lol
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
Collecting LeSean McCoy and Antoine Cason
McCoy - 236 Unique - 59 Autos - 68 Mem - 33 True Rc's - 3 1/1's
Cason - 88 Unique - 28 Autos - 4 Mem- 22 True Rc's
http://s515.photobucket.com/albums/t360/rob8109/

A few random selections from stuff I scanned a while back. (when this subject came up two message boards ago, come to think of it) A rare glimpse inside my secret "back when cards were a buck a pack and I could afford to collect more than just Bears" PC:

[Image: younghologram.jpg]
I miss holograms so much. I thought the future was supposed to be all about holograms, but no, we got cheated out of them, just like with the flying car.

[Image: pog.jpg]
Remember Ben Coates? He's back! In POG form!

[Image: reggielivinglegends.jpg]
When they had this card on the advertisement for 1994 Fleer in an old Beckett issue back then, I freaked out. This had to have been the coolest-looking set I had ever seen at that point, and Reggie White was my favorite non-Bear, at least in a pre-Bettis world. I need to take a photo of it or find some way to filter out the glare in a scan, because it looks way nicer than this in real life.

[Image: cobb175.jpg]
Funny to think that this was from 1995, and 175 would be a decently small print run today. Too bad they didn't think to serial number it, instead of just stating a print run. And I don't know why I collected Reggie Cobb's cards; I just did.

[Image: bettisfx.jpg]
Crazy lenticular transparent plastic. Pretty much everything that cards today are not. This set also had a bunch of cards with 22-karat gold in them, and I have at least a few around here, but I never scanned one, for some reason. I think they fell one in every other pack too, which was crazy.

[Image: benpennant.jpg]
Remember Ben Coates? He's back! In pennant form!
I think I've finally lost interest.

(02-20-2011, 07:23 PM)htoutlaws Wrote: Yea. Start a collection thread man.
+1
collecting anything and everything PACKERS

photo 609651aa-718b-4ed0-b1dc-6e16747e7527_zps718a33ab.jpg

Younglover, please start a thread, I would love to see it. I put up my 2006 New York Jets collection yesterday.
I checked out your Steve Young bucket, it's a trip down memory lane, it's great. I have collected all the New York Jets era base cards, inserts & some parallels (almost all from 1994-1997, can't find all those Wild Cards, especially 1993). I am missing one insert from the 1990's, a 1996 Keyshawn Johnson Stadium Club Sunday Night Redemption. I have not got all the autos or swatches, there were not a lot, maybe have 70%+ of them.
I have the Steve Young 1996 cards with Joe Namath, I also put together every Pacific Card Supial set, it was cool to see yours.
I've put together a Curtis Martin collection, he was a Patriot from 1995-1997, he's probably better remembered now as a Jet. A lot of your Steve Young cards have either Jets, Keyshawn Johnson, Curtis Martin, some or all equivalents so I recognize the vast majority.

If you have time and upload them, I would love to see them, you are limited to 10 IMG's per post, so I had to load my 2006 Jets collection late in the day (11pm Pacific). I built a series of word documents in advance of posting, each document had some text for description and the IMG's. You build the thread, then do a reply inserting the next document, Post Reply, then do another Reply, remove the text that reappears, insert a new word document, Post Reply etc. Beckett pushes all the replies into one big Posting until someone replies which I think will prevent it from completion. I was able to get 70+ IMG's into a posting this way and be able to show the 2006 year that I have all together. I mainly showed RC's, inserts, some parallels, only showed the base cards if there was room on a scan otherwise it would be even bigger.

Please post the Young thread, it will be great to see.

I still have a bunch of my cards from the mid 90's. When I was out of the hobby for over 10 years, I was suprised to see how little these sold for on ebay. Here are a few that I still have scans up. They are recent pick ups.

I was a huge fan of collectors edge when they came out. Elway was the spokesman, the cards were beautiful, and I loved the plastic. Made so much sense. Wish this would have caught on. Oh, and the serial number too.

[Image: scan0002-9.jpg]

[Image: scan0001-9.jpg]

[Image: scan0006-5.jpg]
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331