`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed

Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed
On a recent thread, I started to diverge and didn't want to continue a possible discussion disruption.
When discussing the current eligible players, we started talking about those that were snubbed.
I stated my case for Thurman Munson, Vada Pinson and Tony Oliva.
There are so many others ...
So why not Munson? Compare his career shortened stats to Bench & Fisk. Bench & Fisk had undeniably great careers and were definitely Hall worthy, but why not Munson? Statistically he could have batted the same or better if he had another 5-10 years in MLB. He easily would have surpassed 2000 hits if not actually achieving 3000 hits if converted to a 1st base/DH later in his career. Defensively, he was as good as either HOF catcher.

So why not Vada Pinson? Roberto Alomar is in with 2700+ hits batted .300
Vada has 2700+ hits and .290 BA ... Comparing a second baseman to an outfielder might not be fair, but Vada was a great Ballplayer.

Lou Boudreux had 1 great year in his career. He was the batting champion that year. Tony Oliva did that 3X and lead the league in hits 5 years. What about Tony?

Bill Mazeroski had 1 memorable WS HR. He had a good solid career, but nothing else really stands out. Just barely over 2K hits in 17 years, BA .260 ... He's in the Hall while Thurman, Vada and Tony O aren't? What's up with THAT?

And finally ... I don't care what he did ... But Pete Rose is the most deserving and most snubbed of any player on the planet. I was never a big Pete Rose fan as a kid growing up, but looking back over the years ... What a tremendous player, what a career, and compared to some guys that are already there, lets just say, Pete's a choirboy compared to some.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Messages In This Thread
Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed - by DrMitchJ - 12-26-2016, 12:12 PM