`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed

RE: Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed
DrM....great thread. Reading through this to this point really got me thinking (which is pretty hard....and dangerous). The thing that makes the BB HOF what it is compared to say the football HOF where everyone and their mother gets voted in, is that it is exclusive, where only the best of the best get voted in based on their actual body of work (integrity and character.....ha....1/2 the folks in wouldn't be if it were fully enforced).

I do not think because your career was cut short, you should get special consideration for the HOF. We can always do mathematical calculations estimating where a player may have ended up. The HOF to me is recognition based on your actual accomplishments over a span of (estimate) 15 years, not 7-8. My favorite pitcher (and probably my 2nd favorite baseball player) of all time, Sandy K, IMHO, shouldn't be in the Hall. He was great for 6 years but that was it. I too really liked Munson, and though tragic, his death doesn't qualify him for the hall. Just my opinion, no injury or hurt feelings intended.

Like DJ pointed out, Pete Rose banned himself with the agreement. Do his records say he belongs, yes, but it is what it is.

Peds....I don't care one way or the other. I'm not the morality police and since baseball turned a blind eye to players who bulked up 20-25 lbs over one off-season and did nothing, I blame them and not the players. Did players "cheat", yes. Have players always "cheated" yes, in one form or another.

Players I think have been seriously snubbed by the writers:
1. Lee Smith (played on to many different teams ?)
2. Gil Hodges - great points jason - except the Mets thing - he wasn't a great manager
3. Richie (Dick) Allen

And Doc....like the song from Frozen.....let it go, let it go (your Bill M. issues....come on man, that homer was from 56 years ago...LOL)

*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who should be in The Hall .., making a case for those snubbed - by Phillies_Joe - 12-28-2016, 02:44 PM